58

I really hope this chapter makes up for last week. I cried, I laughed and I had a whole lot of fun writing it. It's definitely been a long time coming. I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did.

Mae woke up before most of the ranch that morning - the morning

Mae woke up before most of the ranch that morning - the morning. She could feel the excitement bubbling in her chest and she cursed herself for wanting a sunset wedding. If she could, she would run down the stairs and grab Ryan from the bunkhouse to get married right at this second in her silk bridal pajama set that Beth bought her. She already missed him, she didn't think it would hurt this much not to wake up next to him. John insisted that she at least do the traditional wedding since Beth basically screamed at tradition to go fuck itself. Mae had no clue how she would go without waking up next to him for a year. She could feel tears building up in her eyes and her chest tightening. This wasn't fair, after everything this was supposed to be the start of her happy ever after, and now it was going to have to be postponed for a year. It hurt, it fucking hurt but seeing the excitement on Ryan, Rip, and Teeters' faces while they talked about this next great adventure was worth it. It was what he was born to do and she would never stand in the way of his dreams, just like he wouldn't stand in the way of hers. She thought of joining him in Texas for a year, she knew her clinic would be in good hands with Charlie but the ranch? She couldn't leave it, not with all of the plans she and Beth had come up with to save it.

Beth's working on the details to start selling the beef directly from the ranch and Mae had an entire plan of her own. She had the wranglers fix up the old barn a couple of pastors down, closer to town. They will start using that for weddings. Liam's always dreamed of being an event coordinator and weddings suit him just fine, he proved that during the planning process for Mae's big day. Avery already agreed to take on more of the secretary work in the clinic while continuing her degree. Mae also knew that her dad could face serious legal battles for stopping the airport project and they needed to prove that he still stood up for the locals and that he gave back to the community. She already started spreading the word and planning with Liam. Every month the Yellowstone will hold a sort of farmer's market. Small businesses from all over the state come up and book a stall for the entire weekend at a small fee. There will be performances by local artists and even from Travis and his rodeo crew. People can come from all over and pay a small entrance fee at the gate. There will be charity auctions every month and those profits will go to different needs in the community including orphanages, homeless shelters, schools, and hospitals. The stall fees and entrance fees go directly to Yellowstone's emergency funds while local businesses and artists get exposure and business. It's a true community project by the community for the community. It can also be used to negate any claims that Market Equities might have against him. It was going to be a busy year but without Ryan, it's going to feel almost impossible.

Mae heard her phone buzzing on the bedside table and smiled as she saw a photo of Ryan playing with Willow flashing on her screen.

"Hi, Cowboy," Mae couldn't help the grin stretching across her face.