33

Charlie woke up really early with Evie and walked down the stairs to see Gator already cooking breakfast

Charlie woke up really early with Evie and walked down the stairs to see Gator already cooking breakfast. He just finished the biscuits. 

"Morning Gator," she smiled as she walked up to him. 

"Morning, Charlie and my Evie girl," he waved at the little girl, who squealed and reached out to him. She spent most of her days with the bearded cook or John and absolutely loved him and he loved the little girl. 

Gator placed the tray of biscuits down and lifted the little girl into his arms. She immediately started tracing his face with her little chubby fingers and he fake chewed on her little fingers. The little girl laughed and Charlie couldn't help but smile as she watched the two interact. She reached over and grabbed one of the biscuits and broke it in two before eating one half. 

"That's a really fucking good biscuit," she told him. 

"Oh yeah?," he asked and she nodded and held out the other piece for him to try. 

"That's a fucking good biscuit," he agreed, proud of himself. 

"Is Mae up yet?!," Kayce called as he rushed into the kitchen. 

"I think she was getting dressed before I came down here, why?," Charlie asked. 

"Get her and both of your med kits and meet me at the bunkhouse!," he ordered as he ran back out of the house. 

"I got her, that seems important," Gator assured as he placed the little girl in her feeding chair in the kitchen. 

"Thank you," Charlie smiled before rushing up the stairs and knocking at Mae's door. 

"What's going on?," a shirtless Ryan opened the door as Mae looked up from where she was putting on her shoes. 

"Kayce came in here all panicked, told me we need to take our med kits and get down to the bunkhouse," Charlie explained. The couple exchanged worried glances. 

xxx

John walked down for breakfast when he saw that mostly everyone else already finished. He was confused by the untouched plates of Mae, Kayce, Ryan and Charlie. He poured himself a cup of coffee as Gator walked in, carrying Evie. 

"I'm sorry, Sir, you did not eat breakfast yet?"

"I slept in today. I can't remember the last time I did that," John chuckled as he took Evie from the cook, who squealed at her grandfather. 

"Hi, Little one," John smiled as he looked into her big brown eyes. 

"Can I have some Choco Chimps?," Tate asked as he walked in to join his grandfather and baby cousin at the breakfast table. 

Gator stared at him confused at the request as he started clearing the table. He didn't understand why the kid would want that processed shit when he made a delicious breakfast but shrugged anyway: "Yeah, sure."