26

Mae and Monica woke up the next morning to Charlie falling off of the bed. It was hilarious and the two girls laughed at her.

"Fuck off," Charlie groaned from her spot on the floor and as if the world was teasing her even more, Evie started crying. Charlie sighed as she got up from the floor and begrudgingly made her way out of the room.

"I really don't miss that," Monica laughed softly.

"I don't think it's the greatest wake up call," Mae chuckled along.

"Have you ever thought of having one of your own?," Monica asked.

"Of course. I would actually love to have two boys and a little girl later on. My brothers, blood related and not, were my best friends and protectors growing up and if I can recreate that in my own way, it would mean the world to me," Mae smiled as she thought back to growing up on the ranch. Her heart ached a little as she remembered the fight with Rip and how they haven't made amends yet.

"You would be a great mom, Mae," Monica stated as she rested her head on Mae's shoulder.

"I appreciate that, especially coming from such an amazing mother like yourself, but that's still a little while away. When the time is right, I would love to start that journey with Ryan. However, at the moment I'm content with being the best aunt to Tate and Evie," Mae smiled.

"With Ryan? Are you two that serious?"

"He's it for me. I've had relationships before, an especially bad one, but everything with him just feels right. I don't think that I'd want a family with anyone else."

"You know how you always say that Kayce and I are soulmates? Well I feel exactly like that with Kayce, so I believe that you've found your soulmate in Ryan," Mae smiled at Monica's words.

"I think so too."

xxx

The three girls went to their own bathrooms to get ready for the day before going downstairs to eat breakfast together

"Are you thinking of going up to join the cowboys up at the summer camp?," Monica asked.

"Maybe, that depends on how late I can get back," Mae replied with a shrug.

"I want to go up there today, to see Kayce and Tate."

"Jake and Rip are going up there this morning to take them some supplies. Join them," Mae shrugged.

The two girls finished their food as they watched Charlie and Gator fuss over Evie. It was quite adorable. It was hard to determine who was more protective of the little girl, especially since Gator has been spending most of his days watching over the little girl.

"Charlie, we've got to go," Mae called as she stood up to take her plate into the kitchen.

xxx

Beth raced her car onto a certain ranch. She was pissed beyond belief. She figured out who the hell was buying properties to build an airport and ski resorts and she found out who was running the hedge fund. Roarke Morris. The fucking asshole from the river.