41

Mae and Ryan heard the backdoor of the house slam shut as they walked down the stairs

Mae and Ryan heard the backdoor of the house slam shut as they walked down the stairs. Mae spent the previous night with Ryan in the bunkhouse and just came up to shower and get dressed. 

"Who the fuck are you?" They heard Beth ask. 

"Who the fuck are you?" An unfamiliar voice bit back. 

They walked into the kitchen to see Beth grab a knife and stalk after the unknown girl. 

"This is our house so now I'll ask, who the fuck are you or should I just let her mutilate you?" Mae asked the woman about Beth's age, only wearing her dad's shirt. 

"Aren't you that girl that protested outside of Kayce's office? The protest with all the paint?" Ryan asked as he stood behind Mae with an arm wrapped around her middle. 

"I'm sorry I didn't know he was married! Or in whatever quad relationship this is," the girl shouted in shock as she stumbled away from the three. 

"Quad?" Ryan whispered to Mae in question. 

"Four people polyamorous relationship," Mae replied and he nodded but still looked very confused. 

John walked in and slammed his coffee cup on the table, "Here's a situation I couldn't have dreamed up in a month of Sundays. These are my daughters. They can be a little overprotective. That's Mae's partner, Ryan who is finding himself in more and more family drama." 

John then walked closer to the girl and told Beth, "Put the knife down, Honey." 

"Dad, if you're going to hire a hooker, will you please let me get you a good one?" Beth asked with the knife still raised. Mae and Ryan covered their mouths to stop the laughter that threatened to escape. 

"Beth!" John chastised but she only leaned forward and continued to point the knife at the woman. 

"Hope you didn't pay full price for that boob job," The woman sneered back. 

"Actually, God gave me these for free. Looks like he gave me yours too," Beth grinned. 

"We're all-natural, that's more than I can say for your nose," Mae added and Ryan hid his face in her hair to keep his laughter quiet. 

"It's seven in the fucking morning! I do not have the energy for this shit. Now put it down! She's a guest in our house." John shouted at all of them and Beth threw down the knife while continuing to stare the girl down. 

"I'm calling an Uber," the still unknown woman grumbled as she grabbed her phone. 

"No, you're not," Beth replied and Mae added, "You're on the biggest ranch in Montana, about an hour away from any town. Nobody's driving this far to pick up your ass." 

"Can you drive me into town, please?" The girl huffed as she asked John. 

"Oh just calm the fuck down and have a nice breakfast. And then, yes I'll drive you anywhere you want to go."