46

Thank you for all of your well wishes and for understanding the late update. I really hope this chapter makes up for it and that you all enjoy it. - Love, M.

Beth stood on the porch with a cigarette dangling from her lips as she stared out at the ranch with a content smile on her face. The threat that she could go to prison was still very much hanging over her but right at this moment, she could care less. The police could pull up on the ranch right now and drag her ass into a cell and she would go happily. She was married to her person. Rip was it for her, he always was and she somehow always knew that they would end up right here. Married. She was a wife, it still sounded strange to her but it was everything she always wanted. Hell, with Carter here she could even be considered a mother. At least that's what Mae keeps telling her. 

Beth watched as Ryan walked back up to the main house through the early morning mist, nobody else was awake yet. He must have been the unlucky fucker that was on early morning fence check. She took another drag of her cigarette before watching the smoke mix with the cold air. 

"Morning," Ryan greeted as he walked up the steps. 

"Morning," Beth answered as she watched him, she recognised that look on his face. It was the same damn look he had that night she cornered him when he came out of Mae's room. 

"Oh jees not this a-fucking-gain," Beth grumbled and flicked ash off her cigarette. 

Ryan chuckled at the look on her face, "You should have seen it coming." 

"Yeah it's just been so long, I was starting to think your balls abandoned you," Beth replied, "Who have you asked?" 

"John first and then Rip and Travis," Ryan replied as he leaned against the railing. 

"You've got my damn blessing, even though I do think this little game you two do is stupid and a waste of fucking time," Beth grumbled. 

"You didn't even let me ask," Ryan chuckled. 

"It would just have been a waste of time. Just do me a favour? Don't fucking take forever like last time to ask her and make it special. I didn't do the whole traditional marriage charade but she deserves it, she deserves every painstakingly lovey-dovey moment. The down on one knee to the teary-eyed I do's, the whole nine yards," Beth crushed her cigarette before flicking it away. 

"She's going to get all of that," Ryan promised, "I'll make sure of it." 

Beth nodded as she turned to walk into the house, "Let's go get some coffee, Brother." 

Ryan's eyes widened a little at the label but followed after her anyway. 

xxx

Mae walked out of her room, only to run into Rip in the hallway

"Morning, Bear," Mae smiled at him.