XXI

She parted her lips from his cheek and looked at him with anAlmost smiley face «thank you , Ran»

Almost smiley face «thank you , Ran»

He was still fazed and shocked by the effect of the kiss on him , he was out of words , not knowing what to say anymore.

He was asking himself, Why are so influenced just by a cheek kiss ? He kissed other girls in other more intimate places and he never seems to feel like this ? Why now ? Why it had to be her? Why everything she did made him feel something ? It doesn't matter what she did , he would always feel something, either happy , sad , flustered, every fucking feeling he gets is created by something she always did , it was driving him crazy at this point.

He cleared his throat and got up , pulling her up as well since he was already holding her hand.

«Let's go home it's getting cold» Ran spoke looking away from her , trying to distract himself from her

«okay » she nodded

They walked to the car , and y/n went to the passenger seat since he made it clear that he wants to drive.

The ride back home was long , and well silent, but not akward at all , it was kind of comforting.

Until y/n cleared her throat and uttered « i had a brother too , a younger brother»

His hands clenched on the steering wheel , at this point he was ready to hear about all her memories even if they were bad , Oh , how did he know it was a bad? Well since she used "had" , he assumed that her brother in no longer here in the world of the living, which makes him think about how much did this girl suffer , and she's somehow still suffering, when was it gonna end , he wanted to protect her , from all the bad things that could ever happen to her , what she had was enoughh .

Little did he know , he actually knows just the half of what she's been through.

«i was older than him by four years » she smiled remembering the sweet voice of her brother calling her by nee-chan and following her around the house to convince her to play with him , his face , well she forgot his face , she forgot how does he look like . And she hates herself for it.

«his name was Ren » she mumbled

«Ren? Like Ogawa Ren?» Ran exclaimed in surpise , everything coming together now , when they first met Ren , they called him Renzo but he told them to just call him by his nickname Ren , she tensed up when he said that , so now he knows why.

«hmm» she hummed in response

«um what happened ?» he was hesitant, but he was curious , he wanted to know , but at the same time he didn't want to be too pushy.