LVIII

⚠️: cheating ,also a lot of triggering stuff

He did not move after she walked away; he just stayed there, eyes widened and stuck to the ground, not daring to look up

He did not move after she walked away; he just stayed there, eyes widened and stuck to the ground, not daring to look up. Ashamed, from himself. How could he easily surrender to her after everything? How could he let his emotions control him again until he gets hurt? He felt stupid, very stupid.

And his stupidity now is making him hurt someone who is very dear to him, Sachie. He cared for that woman; he really did. She made him always feel at ease and calm. She always stood by his side when he was going through some tough times in the past two years. He felt like she was the water, and he was the fire.

Yet he wondered that maybe he did not need water after all; all he needed was more fuel.

Throughout his life, he was always in his playboy phase. He had relations with every girl his eyes caught. Every night in his bed, he always had a different woman, a different hair color, a different skin color. He never felt guilty because he knew even if some girl fell in love with him after a one-night stand, it would be entirely her fault, because he didn't promise anyone anything. He was with girls while they knew it was just a one-time thing.

But now, it was different, he cared. He felt guilty because Sachie was not just a one-night stand. She was his girlfriend for one year, and they knew each other way before that. She was now part of the family; Rindou loved her, Ren loved her, and everything was perfect.

Then she showed up.

The once woman of his dreams, that he thought he was very much over, turns out she still has the same effect on him, if not more now. He missed her; he missed the way she fought back the smile on her face every time he called her 'My angel'. He missed the facial expressions she made when he touched her inner thighs. He missed the way she moaned his name when his hand was all over her perfect body. He missed those innocent yet not so innocent looks she gave him when he was..

"Ran."

He turned around, thanking whoever interrupted his thoughts in his head, and there she stood, with a very exhausted yet saddened expression on her face, his girlfriend.

"Sachie."

"Yasha is waiting for us; she needs us all together to welcome her special guests," she uttered, feeling a little bit uncomfortable.

"Special guests," he repeated.

"That's what she said, yes."

"Okay," he got up, and this time, he noticed she did not grab his hand as usual. He bit his lips as he understood the seriousness of the situation.

"We'll talk later; let's just get this party over with," she whispered.

•••

"Ah, I'm sure you can stay for a few more minutes, Manjiro. Just wait," she was now talking to her boss, well, former boss, convincing him to stay since he wanted to leave, not feeling good being there, and she had the audacity to wrap her arm around his shoulder, just resting it there due to him being shorter than her. She felt how tensed up he got, yet that didn't bother her.