XXVII

Leaning on the edge of the rooftop, staring at the smaller figure in front of her , analyzing his emotionless face to see some kind of reaction, as he heard the audio record she was making him hear

Leaning on the edge of the rooftop, staring at the smaller figure in front of her , analyzing his emotionless face to see some kind of reaction, as he heard the audio record she was making him hear .

The audio record finished and she put her phone back on her pocket , grabbing a cigarette instead , with a lighter , it wasn't her usual cigarettes since hanma gave her his cheap ones that she was secretly starting to like .

He just stared at her for a second , specifically at the cigarette on her fingers as she light it .

«are those new?» he asked finally

She pointed at the cigarette as if she was asking him if he meant the cigarette by his question, he let out a hum making her nodd

«yea , although they're cheap, i think im starting to like them more » she explained

He just stayed silent looking at cigarette she was smoking , she smiled at him an innocent smile , but beneath that facade , he can feel that she was planning something, or like she was hiding something. He looked away from her at the view of the city.

She smirked a little bit when she figured that he took the bait , she knew he knows her really well , but she was better at acting, she made him believe that she's hiding or planning something. And that's exactly what she wanted him to know .

She got him where she wants him.

«so about Hoshi's body?» he asked

«yea i handled that as well , i lit the villa on fire , with Hoshi's body and the ones who witnessed that bonten was there» she explained leaving out the part where Ran did all of it .

She didn't want him to know that Ran is willing to do something like that for her , it will put Ran at risk , so no she won't involve him.

«it's time for the meeting » she spoke .

Opening the meeting room's door , with Mikey right behind her , all the other executives were there already , waiting just for their boss and her course.

Mikey sat on the head of the table and she silently went to her seat , with all of their eyes on her , except for two couple of eyes , Ran's and Sanzu's.

Her seat was between Sanzu's and mochi's , with koko , Ran , rindou , and kakucho in front of her , and takeomi on the other side of the head of the table .

Mochi looked at her and the bruise in her face and lifted his hand poking her right through the bruise , she immediately slapped his hand harshly making him hiss.

She sighed in annoyance at his stupidity and just looked up, Ran wasn't even looking at her , he was looking at everything but her , you can tell that he's avoiding her , he was mad at her for what she said to him , but again there's no way she'll take her words back , it was the truth.