LXIII

⚠️: mentions of death, chilhood trauma

She must be dead by now.

He thought as he walked around the streets like a homeless man .. it was raining quiet heavily , yet he didn't have any cover or umbrella, he just let the rain soak him wet not caring if he gets sick afterwards.. he didn't get sick anyways.. It's like his body got programmed to not malfunction anymore because he knew no one would take care of him if that ever happened..

He used to get sick and catch colds a lot when he was younger , but he always had his family .. His older brother always made sure to stay awake at night to change the cold cloth on his forehead when he had a fever..

And when his older brother was gone .. He had Emma to make soup for him , or Ken-chin to distract him from the sickness ..

But now he has no one .. So he never got sick again ..

It was the middle of the night, Shops and bakeries are usually closed by now .. But to his surprise , a random bakery seemed to be still open for some reason..

His curiosity got the best of him and he did not waste a single second to head there .. entering the bakery , he spotted a girl on the counter wearing an apron with a tag on it .. She looked his age or younger .. dark wavy/ curly hair reached her breast , her soft pale skin radiating through the lights ,Her hair catched his attention as it was rare for someone to have that hair type in the area.. what also catched his attention when she faced him is how her pale skin had little freckles ..

She was definitely not from here..

«Hi? Welcome Sir ?» She smiled hesitantly as she didn't know what to say , he looked quiet suspicious so she kind of felt unsafe.. he noticed..

He approached her looking at the pastries in front him in disinterest, he is interested in the pastries obviously, but he's just incapable of showing it .. He was incapable of showing any emotion in general..

«there's not so many pastries left , you see it's very late» she said

He finally looked up at her again , this time his eyes settled on the tag on her apron .. "Mika"

«it's very late for a bakery to be open , Mika» he uttered coldly without showing any emotion

She got the creeps at his cold voice , yet she just smiled a very bright smile and said ..

«well this is a new bakery , we stay open late because we need money , we hope some customers might come late .. and here you are» she chuckled looking at him

He just stared at her face and smile confused .. how can people smile that much ? .. why do they make it look so easy? Have they not suffered in their lives? Are their lives that much flawless and perfect for them to keep smiling like the world was a colorful place with butterflies and rainbows ? Was life cruel just to him? Why then ? Was life that unfair?