LII

⚠️: boom boom

The room was dark due to the blind being closed

The room was dark due to the blind being closed .. this room hasn't seen the light since weeks .. it was very messy , alcohol bottles all over the floor .. you can trip if you didn't pay enought attention..

The phone was ringing repeatedly, over and over again .. yet the owner of the phone did not respond whatsoever, he was still on his bed like he always been for weeks now .. the blanket all over his head .. he was not asleep , he was just zoned out to the point that he didn't hear his phone ringing..

It's been weeks since she left .. almost one month and a half .. she left without caring about his feelings.. without caring about Ren's .. she just vanished ...

In the last month and half , Ren and Ran became very distant to eachother.. they were grieving separately, even though Ran kept eyes on the kid , but they rarely talked anymore.. Rindou also did not talk to them as much because .. well Ran is drunk half of the time and he avoids his feelings.. and Ren just started the new school y/n got him into before she left , he also claimed being busy with new school when he really just didn't want to open up to anyone..

Ran wanted to be better for the kid .. to be there for him , yet his own heartache was too much for him to handle ..

Ran finally stopped zoning out as the phone ringing did not stop for the past twenty minutes .. he got up removing the blankets off him and grabbing his phone.. it was Rindou .. he accepted the call and put the phone on his ear..

«what?»

«RAN .. YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THE BUILDING RIGHT NOW .. SOME RIVAL GANG DISCOVERED THE LOCATION .. GET OUT OF THERE-»

Before Rindou can even finish, a rumble reverberated through the air, followed by a sharp, ear-splitting crash.

Ran didn't feel anything, it happened too fast , he found himself on the floor , dust and smoke everywhere, the place was compelety destroyed..

Ran was almost paralyzed.. his vision was blurry , feeling a deep pain in his forehead .. yet he still lifted his hand to touch his forehead.. it was bloody .. too much blood .. that's why his vision wasn't good ..

He felt like his body is gonna betray him and faint .. but the survivor mode in him won't surrender that easily.. he can smell the smoke .. he knew the fire was close to him and if he stayed there he will burn and die...

He thanked god that Ren wasn't home , he was at school so he felt a little relieved.. then he remembered that even if Ren wasn't there, tsuki and taiyo were there .. the dogs he adopted just a month and a half later , he had grown to love them since their owners left ..

He got up and quickly left the room searching for the dogs .. he couldn't see anything due to the smoke .. but then he heard a faint sound of bark coming his living toom .. He ran there quickly and found them .. Tsuki and Taiyo instantly alert beside him. Panic surged through Ran as he comprehended the danger. Without hesitation, he scooped up Tsuki and Taiyo, one in each arm, and dashed toward the nearest exit, his mind racing to find a way to safety.