chapter 4

Jimin's eyes bulged. He had no idea how these words came to appear here.

He had practiced this Schubert piece a lot, so during the exam, he basically didn't need to look at the score, and having it with him was only as a form of reassurance. After the exam, he never looked at it again, but who would have thought that that would cause him to unwittingly overlook this detail.

Thinking back to his chance encounter with Taehyung, Jimin felt his heart warm, but he then became somewhat anxious. He quickly turned on his computer and inputted the other's insta id into the search bar.

What came back was a a handsome anime guy's headshot, and the account's nickname was simply one word, Maple.

Jimin followed the account which was private, and later that night, Tae accepted his follow request.

He was thrilled.

In a flash, his parents' "earnest entreat" that year echoed in his mind. He didn't want to mind it, but he couldn't not. It was as if there was some invisible force pulling him and Taehyung apart, erecting a wall between them.

Jimin hesitated but saw his dp carefully, suddenly then had his attention stolen away by the other's cool-looking bandana.

sunglasses, fashionable clothes, a dazzling background...... Having all these accessories must have cost quite a lot money.

But that cost was nothing to Taehyung. because as a Rich family Member, he could try on all the clothes in the shop.

......
Now, what stood between himself and Taehyung was much more complex than merely a wall.

There was also an entire galaxy of glittering diamonds.

After that, Jimin clicked on the other's photo. There weren't a lot of posts, but each had impressive stats. Almost all of them had a few hundred likes and dozens of replies. Merely a few minutes prior, someone had left a comment.

Even by today's standards, Taehyung's page was considered very popular, and he could 100% be considered an internet celebrity.

To Jimin, who's personal page wouldn't even have a single visitor in forever, this was a singular experience.

Jimin wiped the sweat from his forehead, finally understanding why the other boy had accepted his friend request and then never followed up on it. He reckoned that a bunch of strangers sent in follow requests to Taehyung page every day, so how could he have the time to chat with each and every one of them?

Internet celebrities were very busy people.

Anyways, since he was already here, Jimin checked everything Taehyung posted on his page from beginning to end.

The captions were mostly witty or philosophical quotes/content. Taehyung rarely wrote his own thoughts, but they were the ones with the most views and replies.

One of them was titled "Vexed", and it said:

Vexed, so vexed, so vexed I could die...... I wish the Earth would explode, BOOM! The end of the world! Everything disappears! Goodbye!

Jimin chuckled. He also had times when he was so annoyed and distraught that he wanted to destroy the world, but he would never post it so bluntly on the internet.

Under that post was an entire wall of comments, all of it online friends offering their comfort.

Based on Jimin's understanding, the people who normally left comments were most likely classmates or friends:

Snowy: What's wrong? Let's chat ok.

Windchaser Shoujo: When you're annoyed, go listen to a song.

Violet Remembrance: It'll get better after a nap. :P

Starry Angel: If the world ends, you'll disappear too. I don't want you to disappear.

Tsk, all of these had avatars and nicknames that girls would typically use, and some even sounded quite suggestive.

Jimin wasn't jealous, just a bit rueful. As expected, Taehyung was a popular guy.

There was another post called "Untitled" that was pinned at the top, and it only had one sentence:

An abandoned angel, even if the wings are still pure white, will become just another kind of, shinigami.

The comments were a mixed grab bag, some directly asking what this meant, some asking if Tae was comparing himself to a reaper, along with all sort of theories, but Tae had ignored them all.

The only comment he responded to was one made by a person with the id of 'Moonlight God'.

Because that person had left the two words: Good poem.

Taehyung had replied with a :D emoticon.

Jimin's lips twitched. Adding a few commas in the middle of a normal sentence would turn it into a poem?

Sigh, such high level poetry, he can't understand it at all. Might as well go look at the less esoteric pictures instead.

There were a lot more photos and as Jimin looked through them one by one, he finally learned what 'Merit Music International Academy' looked like.

Taehyung posted a lot of pictures of his school: the sports field, the classroom, the art studio, the piano room...... Sure enough, the facilities were a lot better than his own middle school's!

The other's track field was made of rubber, and they also had a separate indoor basketball court and indoor swimming pool. Taehyung like to take photos and participated in a lot of activities like fencing, tennis, golf, and other such sports that Jimin had never even touched before.