Chapter 30

Q/A: When was the first time you said "I love you" to someone in your life other than family?

**********************************************

The few days before the big performance, the two of them pretty much passed all their free time in the piano room, often spending 6-7 hours a day together.

Under these circumstances, Jimin and Taehyung's intimacy and understanding of each other grew by leaps and bounds, able to communicate with a simple glance or hand gesture.

Of course, with the exception of their inner thoughts and feelings. That was a restricted domain Jimin would never let the other enter.

As a "straight male", he couldn't cross the line no matter what he fantasized in his mind.

On this day, they were practicing the parts they often made mistakes in.

After practicing multiple times, there was still a part where the rhythm just didn't seem right.

"It's the 8th bar," Taehyung concluded after making Jimin play his part alone. "Yes, it's this part. Once again... Starting from here, you're not properly separating the 3rd and 4th beats."

Jimin wrinkled his brows and tried again. He didn't expect the problem to lie with him, or that he had played so many times without realizing his mistake.

"It's still off..." Taehyung shook his head, got up, and stood right behind Jimin. He bent over and reached forward towards the keys, and in this locking-the-other-in-his-embrace pose, demonstrated: "Listen, like this."

Jimin: "......"

After staying so long in this small room, the two of them would often touch and bump into each other; Jimin had already gotten used to it. If his heart still jumped every time they came into contact, he would have died of a heart attack by now.

But a position this intimate? In these 2 weeks, this was a first.

Taehyung stood behind him, enveloping his body, each breath brushing across his skin and darting over his neck, like a web trapping him within its confines.

"Do you hear the difference?" Taehyung asked next to his ear.

"Yeah......" Jimin felt his voice was fluttery and distant, as if he wasn't the one talking.

"Try and play it again for me," Taehyung commanded.

Jimin played it again, and then Taehyung covered his hands, pinky to pinky, ring finger to ring finger......

Taehyung tapped his fingers and said, "I got it, your last two fingers are a bit shorter. They're not as powerful, so every time you play, you end up lagging a bit here."

"......" Jimin only felt that if Taehyung continued to stay like this, his entire body was going to melt!

"Sigh, this is a personal habit, not something that can change in a short amount of time. We'll just leave it as is." And then Taehyung finally drew back.

Jimin let out the breath he held and quickly placed his hands on the bench to prevent himself from collapsing.

Seeing this, Taehyung though he was unhappy, thus once again got up close, this time on his right side, staring at his face.

"What......are you looking at?" Jimin glanced at him out of the corner of his eye, refusing to turn his head.

Taehyung softly said, "I'm not blaming you, so don't be unhappy."