extra 4: dead set on "daughter-in-law"

Yeo-Jin was quite curious about why Jimin would have such thoughts. After this month of interactions, she could tell that Jimin wasn't one to be swayed by emotions. He had a strong motivation and ambition, and also held himself to strict standards. These were all admirable qualities to Yeo-Jin.

Therefore, when Jimin said this was his own decision, Yeo-Jin didn't quite believe him. She thought that perhaps Taehyung has instigated him to say this.

With an "I've completely seen through you" look, Yeo-Jin smiled: "Tell me about what you're thinking."

After a slight pause, Jimin began: "Since young, I've always had a habit of looking forward, of making plans for the future. I would care more about completing a task and the next challenge while ignoring my own feelings during the process. Before, I didn't think there was anything wrong w/ this, b/c that's how I've walked this far, and also obtained some success. But now that I'm together w/ Taehyung, I've discovered that his view on time is vastly different. He cares more about the now. This means, the future in my eyes is equivalent to the present in his. Perhaps, the way he feels right now will become the norm for us in the future......"

Jimin remembered Taehyung complaining about his mom's way of life. That already revealed his stance on this subject, but Taehyung and his mom were blood related so they couldn't possibly live apart. But a boyfriend?

Compared to blood relatives, a lovers relationship was much weaker. Besides, they're also of the same sex. Taehyung definitely wouldn't want such a workaholic boyfriend.

"If I neglect him once, perhaps he'd only be a bit unhappy. But if that continued, his unhappiness would definitely accumulate, up until he could endure no more, to the point we no longer think we're suited for one another... Right now, we're still in the beginning stages of dating and Taehyung would thus forgive me, but I don't want to take advantage of his good temper and his sincere heart. I don't want him to make him always yield to me."

At this point, Jimin looked at the silent Yeo-Jin, then continued, "Auntie Jeon, I'm very grateful towards all your help. But, I want to be able to walk longer w/ Taehyung, so I have to adjust my present perspective on time, and take a step back to compromise......"

Yeo-Jin stared at him blankly, unable to find the words.

Jimin's words moved her deeply, shook her heart, and made her think of...her own failed marriage 10 years ago.

From their "joined at the hip and honey-sweet" period, to when they both fought for their own career and gradually drifted apart......

Working at the TV station was a busy job. When she first started, she had 3 live broadcasts a day, often working from 6 in the morning to 9 at night. Kim Seon-ho was the same, shaking up the business world and flying all over the globe.

They rarely met even once a month, and she'd often reject the other's carefully planned candle-lit dinners due to working overtime.

The two of them fought more than once over this. Seon-ho had sincerely suggested that she give up her career. He had said: "Yeo-jin, I can support you. You don't need to struggle so hard. I only want you to have some time to keep me company, a little time to play with the kids."

But she didn't listen. At that time, her career was on the rise, and she expressed her inability to understand why Kim Seon-ho would suggest such a thing— Why should I give up my career for this family, and not you?

Kim Seon-ho's business was indeed very large, but she wasn't willing to become a delicate woman that fully relied on her man.

Two people w/ high pride, neither willing to step back, and in the end they divorced, living on opposite sides of the world.