Chapter 45

The kiss last night still felt like it just happened moments prior, sending Jimin's heart wildly beating.

He quietly lied on the bed recalling what Taehyung told him last night, thinking about that "I like you quite a lot", and for the first time, wondered if maybe Taehyung wasn't as straight as he assumed. Or in other words, perhaps the other might also like him just a tiny bit, like him in the same way he liked Taehyung.

Taehyung was willing to play-act as lovers, willing to accept another man's touch, and was even willing to French kiss someone of the same gender...... All these signs made it clear that Taehyung himself was able to accept men.

But if Taehyung wanted to call himself a straight guy who's merely pretty open in this aspect, then Jimin wouldn't have anything else to say. After all, he really didn't understand what was going on in the minds of straight males nowadays.

But if his earlier hypothesis was true, then there was one thing he didn't understand— Why did Taehyung want him to pretend to be his boyfriend?

The other already said "I like you quite a lot", so why didn't he just straight up confess? So to some degree, Taehyung was still unable to accept going out with a guy for real, and thus suggested this "fake boyfriend" deal?

In other words, they're "more than friends, but less than lovers"......

And on this basis, Taehyung shamelessly flirted with him, not caring in the least or taking responsibility for the consequences of his actions.

......

Thinking about it this way, Jimin's heart hurt a lot.

If he was straight, then no matter how much Taehyung flirted with him, he wouldn't care.

But he wasn't straight, and not only that, he was also secretly in love with Taehyung. Any of Taehyung's random actions could end up as a deadly form of torture for him.

Taehyung said that he was slightly mysophobic. Jimin was the same.

But even more so, Jimin wasn't just physically mysophobic, but emotionally as well.

In high school, he thought Taehyung was a fickle straight guy and thus completely sealed his heart, treating the other solely as fap material.

And when he accidentally bumped into Taehyung and Yona's "date", he had thought: Taehyung can like whoever he wants, I just need to maintain my distance.

Even now, if Taehyung only planned to treat him as a temporary substitute and shield, then— Sorry not sorry, I'll only play along with you and definitely won't take anything seriously.

He'll protect his mental defenses to death, and even then, he'll never reveal to anyone even the slightest hint of weakness.

Pursing his once-kissed lips, Jimin's heart was a mess of honey, acid, and pressure......

All in all, before he could confirm that Taehyung was for serious, he wouldn't take a single risk.

At this moment, the bathroom door opened.

Taehyung walked out and cast him a glance: "You awake?"

His tone was neither cold nor warm, sounding nothing like someone who had "intimate contact" with the "person he liked".

Jimin's heart dropped. With a bitter smile, he thought: Great, looks like it's just me who cared, thinking of all that crap.

He sat up, expressionless, planning to get dressed.