Chapter 24

Q/A: If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

****************************************************

Taehyung chuckled, "My brother and I are twins."

"Twins!?" Jimin jumped in shock. Never in a million years did he expected that Taehyung and his brother were twins!

"Hah?" Sung Hoon was also startled. "For real? Then your brother looks just like you?"

Taehyung smiled, "I think I'm more handsome than he is."

Jimin: "......"

"You really are a narcissist," Sung Hoon jested. "What school does your brother go to?"

Taehyung: "He's overseas, been there since small."

Jimin recalled the rumors he heard before, then asked, "You and your brother didn't go to school together?"

Taehyung: "Nope. I've always studied in China."

Sung Hoon also thought it was strange: "Why? Don't twins usually grow up together? Your parents had the heart to separate you two?"

Taehyung was silent for a few seconds, staring at his phone as he said in a soft voice, "My parents got divorced. He went with dad, I went with mom."

Sung Hoon & Jimin: "......"

Now, Jimin understood why no one knew how Taehyung's brother looked, and why very few people brought up his brother's existence.

And right now, Taehyung also gave off a miserable feel, like a poor boy who grew up in a broken family. Thus, Jimin and Sung Hoon stopped their questioning.

But towards Taehyung's brother, Jimin was still quite curious, and after a few minutes, he asked, "Do you have your brother's photo?"

Taehyung blinked, then replied, "No."

There was no way he wouldn't have his brother's picture, but it was clear that Taehyung didn't want to talk about this, and Jimin no longer pursed the topic.

Plus, going by what Taehyung said, his brother probably didn't resemble him, and with years of separation, their lives shouldn't have intersected much.

Thinking of this, Jimin let out the breath he held.

But even he couldn't pinpoint exactly why it was such a earth-shattering shock to hear that Taehyung had a twin brother.

Perhaps it was because he was a die-hard fan of Taehyung's face, and imagining that there was another person who looked just like Taehyung, Jimin felt chaotically ambivalent. He even randomly wondered, if he met Taehyung's brother, would his heart feel just as flustered, would he grow just as excited......

If that did happen, then how was he any different from an animal?

However, after carefully analyzing his feelings, he acknowledged that Taehyung was much more than merely a "pretty face" to him.

Despite his realization in middle school that he was gay, it was only after that time at the TV station that he found out he had feelings for Taehyung. That was a turning point in his life, an event that allowed him to accept his true self without any struggles.

And after that, he kept falling deeper and deeper

Therefore, Taehyung was special, someone who accompanied him through his long and tedious years of puberty, someone who inspired him to continuously work hard, someone who again and again, comforted the needs of his body and soul.