Chapter 50

In looks, singing skills, and stage presence, Taehyung placed #1 without any question.

Although he was backstage, Jimin still found out the results as quickly as everyone else, courtesy of WhatsApp.

In the photos, Taehyung had been ushered to the center of the stage, smiling brilliantly while holding a trophy......

On the other hand, Jimin's heart was jumping up and down, a complete mess.

This was Taehyung, a man naturally born to become the center of everyone's attention......

Jimin, you're different from him. Don't fall just b/c of a smile. Right now, he only treats you like a trustworthy friend. Don't sink too deep, otherwise, you might not even be able to remain as friends......

By the time Taehyung came back, Jimin had already sorted out his feelings.

There were a lot of people surrounding Taehyung, talking to him, congratulating him, and asking the champion to treat everyone to a meal.

It was only 9:30, the perfect time for a late-night snack. Taehyung was a passionate person to being with, and with everyone's urging, found it hard to refuse.

But he didn't agree immediately, and out of consideration for Jimin, asked for the other's opinion: "Let's all go together?"

Seeing Taehyung act all meek and humble with Jimin, everyone started to laugh and tell Jimin to come with them. One person even stole away the flowers and stuffed them into Taehyung's arms: "Aiya, you've been holding those flowers for so long, are you going to give them to him or not? I'm anxious with worry just from watching!"

Jimin & Taehyung: "......"

In front of so many people, Jimin remained silent out of consideration.

Hope reignited in Taehyung's heart. That's right, when Jimin appeared, he was already carrying these flowers. Who else would they be for if not for him? Maybe due to the kiss earlier, the other became shy......

Adding on the happiness from winning, Taehyung decided to throw away the rest of his misgivings and happily accept these flowers.

Leaving the auditorium, they headed for the south gate. One of the seniors already called to reserve seats at a barbecue restaurant, and they ate and celebrated until midnight.

When Taehyung and Jimin got back to the dorm, they saw that both Sung Hoon and KiBum were in bed, though they had just lied down.

Hearing the noise, they sat up and congratulated Taehyung, and naturally, didn't forget to tease him about what he said onstage.

Pretending not to care, Jimin walked straight into the bathroom.

Taehyung glanced at him, then self-deprecatingly explained, "That's just something I said as a joke......"

KiBum: "Fuck, weren't you way too convincing then? Even as I guy, my heart moved!"

Taehyung: "......"

After they finished chatting, Taehyung realized that Jimin had already gotten into bed. Other than the half minute after Ye Jun left, the 2 of them hadn't had a chance to talk privately tonight.

Taehyung sighed helplessly. After washing up, he also crawled into bed and went on his phone while waiting for his hair to dry.

He ignored all the congratulation messages and tapped Do Hee chat.

Earlier, when he saw Do Hee's post that she was going to watch Jimin's performance, he pm'd her to ask her to record it for him and even got teased with: "Sure enough, you're still weaning"......