Chapter 31

Q/A: When and where did you go on your first date ever?

****************************************************

A gust of cold air blew by, and even Jimin could feel the tangible awkwardness.

As a pro in social interactions, Taehyung obviously wouldn't let this stand. He took this opportunity to come clean about the dinner, making it clear that he invited Yoona out for the sole purpose of thanking her on official matters.

"Department Head Yoona has quite the sense of humor, and it was only afterwards that I found out the restaurant was a famous date spot. Though at least it helped me learn of its existence," Taehyung was very humble, his attitude befitting of a newly entered freshman. "I was afraid of Senior blaming me, thus jokingly warned her that she had to report this to you, though I suppose she didn't think such a small matter was of any importance, thus forgot to mention it."

Hearing Taehyung's words, Jimin couldn't help but praise the other's high EQ.

He didn't push the blame to Yoona, made it clear that they had no relationship to speak of, and at the same time, properly preserved NamJoon's honor.

If it was anyone else, they might have inadvertently labeled Yoona as "unfaithful", making things even more awkward.

As expected, NamJoon didn't mind at all after hearing this explanation, smiling as he seemed to recall: "I think I remember now. A while back, Yoona kept pestering me to take her out for steak, but since I was busy, I didn't have the time. I think she did joke with me that another hot guy treated her instead, though I didn't know that was you... Haha, don't be so nervous, she's a very open-minded person."

Both of them were extremely eloquent people, and like this, the situation was resolved.

SeokJin stood to the side playing with his phone, and after hearing this, he glanced at Jimin before teasing NamJoon, "Why do I get the feeling that your girlfriend had an ulterior motive in approaching Taehyung?"

NamJoon paused and also looked at Jimin, and as if remembering the scene they saw when they walked in, suddenly smiled.

They exchanged a single look and knew exactly what the other was thinking.

Yet this knowing glance confused Taehyung and Jimin to no end. Yoona had an ulterior motive? And it's related to Jimin?

However, NamJoon and SeokJin didn't elaborate, and SeokJin changed the topic: "What are you guys performing?"

NamJoon answered instead: "I think it's piano."

Taehyung: "How do you know?"

SeokJin: "He's the host."

Taehyung was a bit shocked. Turns out NamJoon was the host for tonight's event.

He then asked SeokJin: "What about you?"

NamJoon: "He's singing."

Taehyung: "......"

Did this guy always answer other people's questions like this?

Learning from past experience, he directed his next question towards NamJoon: "Which song?"

As he changed, NamJoon replied, "."

Taehyung thought for a bit, then hummed, "Dadadada... I don't know what I can't forget, can't remember that year's appearance...... This song?"

With slightly widened eyes, SeokJin asked, "You know how to sing it too?"