Chapter 6

Jeon Yeo-Jin nodded and motioned that he could leave.

Standing up, still puzzled and unable to come back to his senses, Jimin gave a polite bow, then as if remembering something, blurted out, "Ms. Jeon, can I ask on behalf of my dad...for an autograph?"

After he said this, his cheeks flushed red, feeling like he was the most shameless person ever. This was completely the opposite of how he usually acted; he only knew that when he mentions he met Jeon Yeo-Jin later, his dad would definitely harp on him about it.

Jimin didn't plan on bragging about this in front of his parents, but he had to give his usual report on what happened. He wanted to avoid troublesome things, so before said troublesome things could happen, he'd find a contingency plan, thus asking for this autograph.

Jeon Yeo-Jin didn't get mad, and instead, once again laughed as pleased as could be. She found a piece of paper and with a flourish, started signing as she softly hummed, "Jimin, I'll tell you something in advance. During the talent performance later, we have some things planned and might need you guys to pair up to do an improvised performance on the spot." She then handed her autograph to him, winked, and mysteriously added, "This, it'll be good as long as you keep it in mind."

Jimin let out an "Oh", gave her his thanks, and only until he walked outside did he finally realise the meaning behind Jeon Yeo-Jin's words: He was given prior info on what the next round would be!

Lords above, did he just receive help from a big shot?

Jimin was secretly thrilled, but that didn't last long as he soon found out a terrible news: The 3 others from his school were all eliminated!

Jimin was incredibly shocked. He wouldn't have found it surprising if it was just the erhu girl and the bel canto boy, but the ballet upperclassman had the highest overall qualities among all of them, so how did she not pass?

With red eyes, she sobbed, "That announcer wanted me to emotionally recite "The Ballad of Mulan". We learned that two years ago, and I had long forgotten it, so I failed."

Jimin thought back to the questions he received, and asked, "Did they ask you if you wanted to be a TV anchor?"

His upperclassman nodded, looking like she was still reeling from a mighty blow. She probably didn't think that as a ballet dancer, she would have needed to know about such a topic.

Now, Jimin could understand a bit. If she had answered "Yes", then what the interviewer asked would have been within reasonable bounds. After all, as a student who came with the ambition to become a TV anchor, whether it's the ability to improvise at the drop of a hat or having substantial cultural knowledge, both were fair game as a test, no?

She then asked Jimin, "How did you do it?"

The other two also looked at him, as if confused how someone who rarely even talked could have passed.

Jimin didn't know what to say...... Looks like it wasn't that he got help from a big shot, but rather, he somehow lucked out via a series of random coincidences.

After half-heartedly winging out a response, Jimin inwardly sighed. Presently, even if he had the info Jeon Yeo-Jin revealed to him, it was of little help. Not just because he knew no one else who passed, but also because there wasn't a piano anywhere near him. Even if he found someone to partner with, they didn't have the means or time to practice ahead of time.

Therefore, the most this info could do was give him time to mentally prepare himself.

Due to Jimin's participation in the 2nd round, the other 3 decided to stay and cheer on the only lucky person from their school.