Chapter 54

"Seo......Yeon?" Taehyung called out the name of the girl standing next to Ye Jun.

Compared to the Ye Jun who permed her hair, did her nails, and wore a black silk dress in the dead of winter, Seo Yeon dressed more snugly in a wool sweater with jeans and a windbreaker.

However, she also seemed shocked to see Taehyung.

A crafty smile flitted across Ye Jun's lips.

That night, Taehyung had a premonition that Ye Jun wouldn't give up so easily, but he was blinded by the happiness of furthering his relationship w/ Jimin to think deeper of this invite.

It wasn't that he couldn't keep acting w/ Jimin if Seo Yeon was here, but this girl was extremely smart and had a high IQ + EQ.

Their 1st year of high school, they had been chosen as MMIA's representatives to an exchange program w/ a school in Singapore. After realizing they share similar interests, they established a close friendship and even joked that they'd both apply to the same college in America.

But after coming back from Singapore, Taehyung realized that Seo Yeon's attitude towards him went a bit over the line.

Taehyung may not be aware of how strong his personal charm was, but when it came to emotions, he held certain principles, and thus maintained a distance with her.

Seo Yeon was also very clever, and getting the hint, backed off.

And it was precisely b/c of this 'cleverness' that she remained as one of Taehyung's few close, female friends.

It's just, Taehyung spent a year cramming for college entrance exams and then Seo Yeon went off to America, so like with his other classmates, they didn't have much contact nowadays.

If he was only facing Ye Jun today, Taehyung didn't feel any pressure. Moreover, he really did want to borrow Jimin to make her give up.

But if he also had to act in front of Seo Yeon, then he felt a bit apologetic, and at the same time, worried that she might spot something amiss.

However, the main reason he was so surprised about this was b/c...Ye Jun and Seo Yeon's relationship was only so-so.

Seo Yeon joined them in middle school, but she wasn't in their class. In high school, they all attended the study-abroad in America class, but a year later, Ye Jun went to England and lost contact w/ them for 2-3 years.

So these two appearing together really confused Taehyung. But as a guy, he didn't really understand what went on b/t girls, so he didn't ask.

While Taehyung thought about all that, Seo Yeon had already opened her arms and given him an American-style greeting.

"Taehyung, long time no see." She already calmed down from her earlier shock.

Taehyung naturally hugged her back and asked, "Did you come back from America for Christmas?"

"Yes, I arrived a few days ago." Seo Yeon didn't like to post her travel plans on social media, unlike Ye Jun.

"She's my high school classmate," Taehyung introduced to Jimin.

Seo Yeon reached out a hand courteously: "And who would this handsome man be?"

"Jimin," Jimin gave his name and shook her hand. "Hello."

Ye Jun added in the back, "He's Taehyung's boyfriend."

Seo Yeon paused, then looked Jimin up and down thoughtfully. "Looks like the info Duchess posted was real......"