Chapter 47

The night of the event, the large auditorium was packed with people.

Compared the to Pianist Society who could only hold their concert in the small auditorium, the Pop Music Society's Top 10 Most Beautiful Singers Competition was hosted w/ huge fanfare.

A week prior, the top 10 finalists' pictures had been made into huge posters and hung outside the large auditorium as hype.

After people saw that Taehyung was also a finalist, they went on the forums to discuss if he made it due to his face or his actual singing abilities.

Riding on the fame of the "Campus Idol", this year's competition was an even hotter topic than in previous years.

Therefore, the other clubs all avoided organizing an event tonight, with the exception of Jimin's club.

The Pianist Society's president was someone who loved Chopin, Liszt, and other such classical composers while disdainfully looking down upon all pop music.

This mindset wasn't just the president's alone, but shared by most of the club.

Due to this, they'd always specifically choose the same date to compete with the Pop Music Society, forcing everyone else to make a choice of us or them.

But the result of this stubbornness was of course, losing terribly every year. Of the 150 tickets available, in past years, it'd be considered a success if they could sell even half. With Jimin present this year, they barely sold 2/3, but that still couldn't compare to the popularity of the singing competition.

Though for Jimin, he felt that it was better if there were fewer people.

The small auditorium's stage was directly connected to the backstage and also had a monitor room where one could see the situation in the audience. Since there weren't a lot of people, the performers were all pretty relaxed and stayed in the monitor room to observe.

Jimin looked around and discovered that neither KiBum nor Sung Hoon came, but 2 girls from their class, Seo Miri and Do Hee, did.

He was a bit surprised that they'd come here instead of going to Taehyung's competition, but since that started later at 7:30, perhaps they only planned to listen here for half an hour before heading to the large auditorium.

There was a group of girls in the first few rows, and one of them held a bouquet of flowers.

Seeing this, the other club members teased Jimin: "Wow, is that one of your suitors?"

Jimin replied indifferently, "Don't jump to conclusions."

To this kind of response, no one knew what to say... Aye, any girl who's brave enough to confess to this iceberg definitely deserves the title of a man amongst men!

At 7:00pm, the concert officially began.

The 1st few who went onstage were all "minor mobs" that most people had never heard of. As one of the more famous members, Jimin's performance was near the end.

Although the theme was "Christmas", some people chose to play typical classical pieces, and 2 of them actually went and performed their piano level-test repertoire. Truth be told, when he heard those familiar tunes, even Jimin felt this was the furthest thing from festive.

And as expected, some people left not long after.

After 7:30, the lively opening music from the large auditorium drifted over, and another group of people left.

The club members all chuckled in self-deprecation, saying things like how only the people who stay until the end were their true fans.

Jimin glanced at the audience and saw that Seo Miri and Do Hee were still there.