Chapter 11

Random question: How many languages can you speak?

................................................................................................................................................................

He knew long ago that Taehyung had forgotten about him, but seeing how the other really didn't react in the slightest upon hearing his name, Jimin still felt just a bit crestfallen.

After all, he had thought about Taehyung for years. Thought about him every, single, day (and night).

Jimin half-heartedly nodded towards Lee Ki-Bum's family as a greeting, then while grinding his teeth went back to organizing his things.

On the other hand, Taehyung was already chatting away with Lee Ki-Bum's parents, being asked about where he's from, what his family does, and other such topics.

Taehyung responded easily and naturally, enthusiastic yet appropriate, casual yet polite. His innate talent for social interactions made the Jimin listening off on the side feels endless admiration while ashamed of his own shortcomings.

Jimin had heard some rumors about Taehyung and knew that his family's wealth wasn't something even a typical rich family could compare to. But here, Taehyung was extremely low-key, only mentioning that his dad was a businessman while his mom was part of the working class.

Well, he technically wasn't wrong.

Jimin felt that the 18 year old Taehyung was much more mature than he initially imagined.

After chatting a while, Lee Ki-Bum also put down his reservations and slowly warmed up to Taehyung, wanting to get to know the other better.

Part of that was because Taehyung was really good-looking and didn't put on any airs, especially when he pulled out a chair for the only elderly present. After that, Lee Ki-Bum's impression towards him soared to the top, and even started calling him 'Tae Bro'.

Lee Ki-Bum's family was from a smaller city in the south, and to celebrate him getting into F University, the whole family drove up north to send him to school. This trip also doubled as a chance to show his grandpa what a big city looked like.

In this hot weather, the dorm was originally quite stuffy. There's supposedly AC, but they couldn't find the remote, and with this many people squeezed inside this small room, it soon became suffocating.

Mama Lee flitted around, helping her son spread out a bamboo mat on his bed one moment, then digging out the specialty snacks they brought from their hometown the next, passing them out to Taehyung and Jimin.

Taehyung coaxed her to stop, mentioning that they should hurry with the unpacking before Grandpa Lee, as an elderly, gets a heatstroke.

Everyone looked towards Grandpa Lee and saw how he was uncomfortably wiping away sweat. They hurried up, and after their son's luggage was mostly unpacked, it was lunch time. The Lee family earnestly invited Taehyung and Jimin to eat with them, but Taehyung politely declined the invitation for them both.

Before leaving, Lee Ki-Bum turned back around and said, "Tae Bro, I'm going to stay at the hotel tonight with my family instead of coming back to the dorm. Can you watch my things for me?"

Taehyung blinked, then nodded, "Sure, it's a rare opportunity for your parents to be here. You should spend these few days with them."

Lee Ki-Bum: "Thanks! Here's my phone number, contact me if anything happens."

They exchanged numbers and Lee Ki-Bum look towards the Jimin who pretty much hadn't said anything from beginning to end. "Uhm, Jim......" Probably because he didn't remember Jimin's name, Lee Ki-Bum awkwardly paused, then said, "Jim Bro, sorry for the inconvenience, we've disturbed you."