Chapter 36

As per their plan, KiBum composed a "willing to cooperate" text to Catherine, walked around the room to take a few pictures, and asked, "Tae Bro, do you have anything you don't want that you can give her?"

While they discussed what to do, Taehyung had finished drinking another bottle of water, and hearing this, replied, "This bottle ok?"

KiBum: "Oh lol, you're only willing to give her a bottle? Too stingy!"

Taehyung: "She did say she's fine with anything."

KiBum finished writing the text and read it out loud: "This is my dorm. The first picture is Tae Bro's desk. The second picture is the sink counter, and Tae Bro's toothbrush and cup are the ones on the left. I can't start by giving you things that are too private, so how about I give you a few...empty water bottles for now. Let's schedule a place to meet... What do you think?"

Everyone resisted for a while, then started to howl with laughter: "HAHAHAHAHA!"

Sung Hoon vetoed using empty water bottles, saying that you can't do business like this, and under his suggestion, they changed it to "an ordinary pen that Taehyung uses". Besides, they might not even need give it away since their goal was to lure her out for a face-to-face meeting.

Not long after they sent that text, a reply came.

"She replied!" KiBum exclaimed. The other three all came over to look:

Catherine: Okay.

...She! Took! The! Bait!

"Ooh!!!" As if the four of them won a prize, they started to cheerfully clap.

KiBum sighed. This was much more fun than what he and Sung Hoon originally planned to do. Sure enough, one shouldn't go against one's conscience.

However, after Catherine sent that "Okay", she seem to have grown vigilant and sent another text:

Catherine: Actually, let's not meet.

"Fuck!" KiBum grew anxious: "What do we do? Why did she change her mind? Is she regretting this?"

"If she really regretted this, then she wouldn't have sent that first 'Okay'." Sung Hoon rubbed his chin: "Perhaps she's afraid of getting scammed? Or maybe worried about you double-crossing her... Go ask her how she plans to exchange goods without meeting."

KiBum sent the question over.

Catherine: We'll use the library. The one in area C is relatively empty. We'll schedule a time for you to put the goods on the last bookshelf, then I'll retrieve them 20 minutes later. I'll send the money over electronically.

Sung Hoon: "Holy fuck, this girl's way too cautious. It's just an ordinary pen, why's she treating this like some spy flick exchange?"

Taehyung steadily stared into space, his gaze dark: "She's really afraid of being recognized, therefore it's pretty much confirmed that I should know her."

This somber expression of his plus the low growl he used made a slight chill run up KiBum's back.

Jimin: "Is there anyone you suspect?"

"She's very familiar with our university, knowing to wait outside the journalism majors' classroom. She also knows about the 9th cafeteria, and even area C's library, so she doesn't seem like an outsider. To my knowledge, there's only one other person who also came from Merit Music International to F University, but that girl's eyes aren't that big and her looks are pretty average, nothing like KiBum's description. Moreover, that person wasn't in my class, and we only talked a few times, practically strangers......" Taehyung thought a while longer and wrinkled his brows: "I really don't have any leads."