Chapter 38

Jimin stared fixedly at Taehyung, drunk on the joyous feeling of seemingly having been confessed to, unable to believe his own ears.

He really wanted to ask if Taehyung was serious, but his rationality reminded him not to forget that the other was a straight male, and if he slipped up, there will be irreversible consequences...... Even if the other's tone didn't sound like he was making a joke.

Perhaps because he stayed silent for too long, Taehyung began to explain: "Senior Jin did tell us before that whether we find a girlfriend or not, people will still suspect our relationship, so why don't we make the lie real......"

"Make the..." Jimin couldn't resist interrupting, stunned, "...lie real?"

A

"What I mean is, since neither of us want to find a girlfriend in college, we can tell everyone else that we're together and use each other as a shield... But only we know that it's fake." Taehyung carefully observed Jimin's expressions as he elaborated earnestly yet apprehensively, afraid of saying something wrong and making Jimin mad.

"Of course, you're getting the short end of the stick. After all, even if you don't want to find a girlfriend, you don't have to choose me." Taehyung paused. Some of his weariness from earlier returned, making him seem helpless and distressed. "But for me, it's different. I've already told Jisoo that I'm dating you, and although I don't know if she's given up yet, but either way, I needed to give you this heads up in case she does anything even more extreme......"

Jimin nodded to show he understood. After hearing this, he also slowly calmed down and realized Taehyung's intentions.

Taehyung wanted to use him as a shield to conveniently repel unwanted suitors; just like what KiBum said earlier, find an official girlfriend to put an end to potential troubles.

It's just that Taehyung couldn't find a girl at present, and thus came to ask him for help.

......Of course. Taehyung's "confession" held a different aim.

Jimin rejoiced that he didn't act on impulse and say something he shouldn't have earlier.

Seeing Jimin nod, Taehyung continued, " I know this might make things difficult for you, but this was the most suitable plan I could think of......"

Jimin heard "most suitable" and asked uncertainly, "You wouldn't mind being mistaken as gay?"

Taehyung replied indifferently, "I don't care."

Jimin's eyes bulged: Never expected you would be this kind of...straight guy!

Taehyung honestly didn't care, but he was afraid that Jimin would. Despite knowing that the other was quite tolerant, Taehyung was still afraid of being scorned/rejected. Thus, he added, "If you agree to play along with me and act as my fake boyfriend, then I'll owe you a big favor. In the future, no matter what you need help with, I'll definitely use all my power to fulfill your wish."

Jimin: "......"

Although this was different from what he originally wanted, but being a fake boyfriend wasn't disadvantageous to him. Actually, it could be considered "more than he wished".

And Taehyung, afraid of him refusing, had even anxiously offered a "compensation"...... Gods above, Jimin was so close to throwing his head back and laughing in glee!

For a split second, he almost wanted to confess to Taehyung that he was gay!

But if he did, then all of his previous fake acting would be exposed, and he might even come off as having used the rumors to take advantage of Taehyung. Therefore, he immediately discarded that thought, deciding to continue his straight guy act until the very end.