chapter 7

The girls were clamoring due to his extremely handsome looks, and despite the fact that those present were already the cream of the crop, in front of him, they paled in comparison. Not just in appearance, but also in the extraordinary aura he exuded.

Those who've never experienced being in front of a large audience would more or less have some stage fright, like in Jimin's case. From the moment he set foot inside the TV station, he's constantly been in a state of nervousness, and every time he met someone new, his body would turn stiff as he struggled over where to place his hands and feet.

But the boy who just walked in was different. He was very calm, and even being stared at by so many people, he revealed not a trace of discomfort. For this reason, everyone knew that a strong competitor had arrived.

Compared to others, Jimin was even more shocked. With slightly parted lips, he stared unblinkingly at that familiar figure.

It was indeed Taehyung. Although it's been a year and a half since they last met, Jimin had been a frequent spying visitor of Taehyung's page. Taehyung already had high-level looks, and in this past year, he became even more attractive as his features started to grow out.

In this world, there were a lot of people who looked similar, but Jimin didn't believe that there existed a 2nd person who had Taehyung's appearance.

Jeon Yeo-Jin stood up and waved at Taehyung to come sit next to her.

This action seemed to have confirmed some people's suspicions, and the whispering in the audience became louder. In their eyes, this was obviously another person who was here due to his connections.

With Taehyung's arrival, no one cared anymore about the boy who had just been eliminated.

The head judge cleared his throat to let everyone quiet down and called the next group to go onstage.

The judges sat on the 1st row, so Taehyung had a lot of room. So he placed his violin off to the side, leaned back, lazily stretched out his long legs as he absent-mindedly began to watch the performance.

Jimin sat in the back, both happy and nervous, and wondered curiously why Taehyung would appear here.

Did he also come to participate in this competition? That's right, he could play piano...but why did he only appear now?

Thinking back to Jeon Yeo-Jin's actions earlier, Jimin was full of theories. Could it be that they knew each other? Then, Jeon Yeo-Jin letting himself stay, it couldn't be that she was going to pair him up with Taehyung? Both of them played piano, so a four-hand duet?

...No, Jimin suddenly remembered that Taehyung came in holding a violin!

He looked at the other's back in astonishment. Taehyung also knew how to play the violin?

From what he knew, Taehyung played a bunch of odd and non-mainstream sports, was well versed in drawing, go, and poetry, knew piano, and now also violin...... Holy shit, how could one person have the time to learn so many things?

That, that was way too amazing, way too incredible!

Just thinking about how he might pair up with Taehyung later, Jimin's heart jumped in his chest with a ba-thump.

...Would Taehyung recognize him?

He subconsciously rubbed his nose. Truthfully speaking, he hadn't changed much in the past year and a half.

Middle school meant puberty, and the people around Jimin, whether male or female, all seemed to be changing on a daily basis. In fact, one of the boys in his class shot up like a rocket in just a month, growing faster than even bamboo. But unfortunately for Jimin, he remained the same, and from his elementary graduation to now, his height had only increased a mere 3 cm.