chapter 5

Dedicated to minnie95v

After a year of separation, that passionate young boy's face once again came alive in Jimin's memories.

He blanked out for a bit, then scrolled down some more and saw a picture of Taehyung wearing a basketball jersey. He was looking towards the camera, one hand holding the ball and winking at the viewer as having been caught on film in the middle of flirting amorously. His very essence was vividly captured.

That picture had a follow-up, where Taehyung flashed a V at the camera, smiling the sweetest and most handsome of smiles.

Jimin's heart suddenly started to beat faster......

Even after he closed the page, Taehyung's face continued to flood Jimin's mind.

Compared to that short memory a year ago, Taehyung's existence felt much more real now.

But after finding out just how rich and popular the other was, Jimin couldn't muster a shred of courage to reach out to him anymore.

He wasn't scared per say, but the chasm between them was much too big, and there was also the matter of his own dignity.

Jimin felt that no matter what he said, it would sound as if he was trying to get to climb the social ladder because of the other's status.

When he left the page, he didn't forget to delete his user browsing history, so as to maintain his "innocence".

Jimin couldn't have imagine that following this decision of his, he and Taehyung wouldn't have any form of communication for 5 years.

From that day onward, Taehyung's personal page became a site Jimin frequently visited, quietly and without notice.

And as for Taehyung, this only meant that in his friend list, there was one more lurker who still used the default system avatar.

Jimin originally thought that he and Taehyung's paths would never cross again, but unexpectedly, he met Taehyung once more.

Four months after he added Taehyung on insta, the city's TV station held a talent search, asking all elementary and middle schools to recommend students to participate. The students chosen not only had the chance to perform on the station's New Year's program, but they also had opportunity to be trained as a young TV host/presenter.

Everyone said that to be famous, you needed to start young, so the parents who had such hopes for their kids were very excited. The teachers also treated this with great importance, since after all, having their student show up on TV could raise the school's reputation as well.

As the only student in his class that played piano and passed the level-10 exam, Jimin was also a candidate chosen by his school.

But in actuality, he did not want to go. He didn't learn piano for the sake of performing as a musician, and he had stage fright to boot. However, Papa and Mama Park thought that since he qualified as a candidate, it'd be a shame to pass up this opportunity, and even if he doesn't get chosen in the end, it'd be a pretty good learning experience.

Half a month later, Jimin and 3 other students from his school went to the TV station.

Of the 3, there was a girl who danced ballet, a girl who played erhu, and a boy who sung bel canto.

The ballet girl was the prettiest girl in their school, older than Jimin by a year and was involved in almost every school activity. She looked sweet and beautiful, always knew what to say, and cared a lot about grasping this chance. Although it wasn't to the extent of win or die, but compared to Jimin and the rest, she had a lot more confidence in herself.