𝟘 ⏐a blinding light

Cordelia Lily Dorea Potter-Black couldn't believe her eyes as she read the Daily Prophet at the breakfast table the Monday following the disastrous third task that had happened a week prior. Hogwarts of course was floating around with rumors about what happened to 7th year Hufflepuff and Hogwarts Champion, Cedric Diggory. Cedric had been a good friend to Cori in the past couple of years, helping her with the Tri-Wizard Tournament and learning Wizarding Politics, and helping her learn about the role that she would step into as Lady Potter.

She fumed in anger, this blasted paper was calling her an attention-seeking liar, who was nervous about the fact that her classmate got murdered and hid behind the Headmaster's senile beliefs that Voldemort was back. Hermione Granger glanced up at her friend and noticed the look in her eyes and frowned.

"Lia, you know what happened, don't let that horrible Skeeter and the people from the Ministry get you down," Hermione said, proving to Cori that she always knows what to say. Ron Weasley, the third of their four-part group looked at her with a small smile.

"Yeah mate, ignore them. We know the truth and I bet that soon, everyone else will know too." Ron says. As soon as Ron said that everyone in the Great Hall was distracted by a blinding light bursting through the hall, Cori, Hermione, and Ron raised their wands that never left the holsters, Sirius and Remus, Cori's godfathers got them for Christmas, placing shield charms over as many of the students near them as possible. A second later the light disappeared leaving behind a confused Headmaster Dumbledore who had a stack of books placed in front of him at his place at the head table. Professors Snape and McGonagall both had their wands raised and took the shields off, which the two of them had placed; off the students making Ron, Hermione, and Cori along with other school Prefects drop their shields.

"What was that sir?" A fourth-year Hufflepuff student, Susan Bones asked from her place at the Hufflepuff table, glancing at Professor Dumbledore, who smiled at her while glancing over the note that was placed on top of the books. He read the note twice before glancing over at Cordelia who knew that somehow, it had something to do with her.

"Apparently Miss Bones, these books are from the future and tell the story of Miss Potter-Black's 7 years of Hogwarts from her thoughts and others, as well as other aspects of her personal life, and we are to read them in order to change the future so that all of us don't suffer moral peril," Dumbledore states reading the note while glancing at Cordelia.

"Do we have to?" Cori spoke up with a frown on her face, not liking the idea of everyone reading her personal thoughts and knowing all of her secrets. The aging headmaster sent a frown to the girl who he thought of like a grandchild, giving her the answer she was dreading. The Ravenclaw and the Hufflepuff tables were looking over at her with curious looks, wondering why she looked so nervous whereas the Slytherin table was divided. Some of the more neutral families like the Greengrass family were looking at her curiously as if she was a potions ingredient in a jar, to be inspected from a spot on the shelf whereas some of the more sinister families who had followed The Dark Lord during the first war and knew he was back now, looked at her with disgust. Draco Malfoy was among those and made his disgust known to his fellow Slytherins.

"I can't believe we have to waste our time and read about Saint Potter's life." He spouts disgusted and looks around at his classmates. Pansy Parkinson, was agreeing with him along with his sidekicks Crabbe and Goyle. Theodore Nott looked hesitant along with Blaise Zabini and a couple of members of the Slytherin quidditch team who didn't like Malfoy.

"I think this will prove to be very interesting." Theo Nott stated from his seat between Daphne Greengrass and Blaise. "I think we might learn more about Potter than we did before." He says with a noncommittal shrug, glancing at Blaise who he knew thought fondly of the black-haired golden girl, Blaise wouldn't join the other Slytherins in bashing her and often defended her against Malfoy when he came up with another plot to show everyone how 'horrible and rotten' the girl was.