𝟚𝟘⏐the surprising reunion

"How was the meeting with the Headmaster?" Blaise asks Cordelia while they are walking toward the Great Hall; he had picked her up from the meeting and they had spent some time with their friends in the Room of Requirement until they decided they wanted to walk down to lunch together so they headed out early after Hermione and Ginny successfully distracted the Weasley's.

"Well it certainly was interesting," Cordelia says with a giggle; remembering the meeting. "My mom and Madam Bones yelled at the Headmaster for about 20 minutes and my Dad was asked if he wanted to press charges." She says while leaning closer to him.

"Why didn't your Dad press charges?" Blaise asks curiously, glancing at her.

"Well, I convinced him that it wasn't right and that Headmaster Dumbledore was trying his best; Lord Malfoy really messed up some of this stuff though so my Dad will probably press charges including Line Theft against him," Cordelia says in a low whisper even though they had a spell around them.

"Line Theft?" Blaise asks confused while he checks a corridor before they walk down it, making sure Cordelia was completely safe as she rolled her eyes at his overprotectiveness. She personally felt that she had enough overprotective males in her life.

"While Dumbledore had taken temporary magical guardianship of me due to Malfoy's claim of blood rights and him getting Fudge and the Ministry into his pocket; Lord Malfoy tried to steal the Black Family Vaults from Uncle Sirius by not having Mum and Dad's will read but luckily Grandfather Arcturus was still the head," Cordelia explains as they arrive at the Great Hall.

"He's a slimy git," Blaise mutters with a roll of his eyes. "Malfoy Junior wouldn't be so bad if he only had Lady Malfoy's guidance; Lord Malfoy wouldn't even let her teach him the Family Magics," Blaise informs her making her let out a tiny growl.

"He would've died if he had taken the heirship; it requires at least some knowledge and use of the Black Family Magic, like all heir rings," Cordelia says as Blaise leads her into the hall where only Professor Flitwick and Professor Sprout were sitting at the Head table. "Good Afternoon Professors." She says with a slight nod of the head, Blaise following the greeting.

"Hello Miss Potter-Black and Mr. Zabini; how are you both this afternoon?" Professor Sprout asks with a knowing glint in her eyes as she eyed them. Cordelia giggled at her professor's failed attempt at being sneaky.

"I know why you weren't a Slytherin Professor Sprout," Blaise says making Professor Sprout laugh.

"No Dear, I'm a Hufflepuff through and through; now Miss Potter-Black I'd thought I'd let you know that Professor Dumbledore and Professor Lupin won the bet that we set for you both; even though you weren't supposed to know about it." Professor Sprout says with a grin.

"Uncle Remus betted on my relationship?" She asks in shock but before Professor Sprout can answer the rest of the Professors start trickling in and Cordelia sees Professor Dumbledore who was still sporting the Green Hair and purple skin that her parents cast. "Sir, are you alright?" Cordelia asks with a frown, feeling guilty.

"Of course, I am my dear girl," Albus says with a reassuring smile; he really did deserve this and more for what he did to Cordelia. "Don't you worry about a thing young one; now why don't you and Mr. Zabini sit down before everyone else comes in?" He says with a small smile. He had made the tables smaller so that the guests could eat at one table if they didn't want to sit with a bunch of kids. Cordelia leads Blaise to a table with enough seats for 15-16 people; since she had a big family.

"Your Dad isn't going to kill me for intruding on family time is he?" Blaise asks nervously, glancing around the hall as the people trickle in. Cordelia lets out a bell-like laugh that makes Blasie's heart flutter.