𝟠𝟚⏐the four champions

"I'll read," Ted grabbed the book next, deciding that it would be a good idea for him to read since he had actually been at this part of Cordelia's year. He gave Andromeda an assuring look, opening to the net chapter. "The Four Champions"

"If they make her compete, I swear," James stated, glaring at the ground with an angry expression. He couldn't believe that her name got pulled out of the goblet, he was hoping that Remus and the teachers would get her out of this.

"I will curse the entire ministry," Lily muttered under her breath with a scathing glance at the book. She glanced over at her daughter who was sitting with her two boyfriends. She hoped that Cordelia would be not only pulled out of the tournament but the Ministry would make a public apology because she deserved one.

"This is going to be hard to read," Sirius frowned as he gripped Remus's hand. He had wanted to be there that night so badly but with his status and the world blaming him for the Quidditch World Cup, he couldn't risk it. 

Cordelia sat there, aware......her, frowning slightly.(Page 272)

"You poor thing," Madame Pomfrey frowned at her. She hadn't been in the Great Hall for the feast because of the fact that there were a couple of sick students in the hospital wing at the time. She had been infuriated when she found out that Cordelia had been entered, especially since Cordelia was only 14. She cared for the youngest Potter a lot and seeing her like that, coming to the hospital wing for calming drought or to talk with her 'poppy' as she was called by the youngest Potter.

"I was in complete denial," Cordelia admitted. She hadn't wanted to believe that she would be in the tournament. Especially since she had been banking on an average year where she would go home for Yule and such. 

Cordelia turned toward Neville, Hermione, and Ron; her face pale and her hands shaking. Neville grabbed her hand, holding it tightly as he helped her stand up. Hermione gave her a disappointed look, the other two were worried about her.

"Cordelia, I know you don't want to stand but you need to," Neville whispered into her ear, giving her a small assuring smile. Neville turned toward Ron and gave him a look. "Get a house-elf to call Andromeda and Ted, along with Remus," Neville instructed as he helped her out of the table.

"Cordelia Potter-Black," Professor Dumbledore had stood up by now, after talking to Professor McGonagall, they both nodded at each other. "Cordelia! Up here please!" He called, giving her a slightly disappointed look as his face held a smile. 

"He has no right to be disappointed," James snarled, gripping his wand tightly. "This happened on his negligence, his incompetence, and his inability to see people as anything other than chess pieces," He spits his reasons so harshly that many in the room winced, ducking away from the Potter lord. Cordelia herself wasn't surprised by her father's anger, in fact, he was saying something quite similar to what Sirius said to her, and their glare was quite similar as well. He was upset that the people he trusted besides his family at Hogwarts to take care of her failed, especially Dumbledore.

"Neville is such a good brother," Cordelia sighed, glancing at Neville from her place. She didn't remember this night fully, it was a blackened memory so far, especially given the fact that not many people wanted to help her get out of the tournament.

"He took control of the situation well," Theo commented. He remembered what He and Blaise had thought at that moment, and they had talked at length with Daphne about how impressed they were with her bravery and how Neville had handled the situation like a proper pureblood heir. They hadn't expected Neville Longbottom of all people to behave as firmly as he did.