𝟝𝟛⏐the patronus

"Are we doing another chapter after this one?" Professor McGonagall questioned the Headmaster before they started, she was unsure how much longer they could go without dinner. They had gotten a lot read today but there was still more to go and a dinner break would be rather important. She could see some of the students were getting hungry and while the house elves were helpful in popping in snacks, they need real food.

"We'll take a break after this for dinner and then we can finish with a couple more chapters before we dismiss for the night; I think we could fit three in and be done with this book by tomorrow at the earliest," Dumbledore responded before turning to everyone and repeating the conversation to them, telling them when they'll break for dinner.

"It's about bloody time someone started thinking about dinner," Ron mutters to Fred and George indignantly.

"Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie," Fred starts jabbing him in the ribs.

"Always thinking about food that one," George finishes, messing with Ron's hair, knowing he hates it. Ron grumbles as he pushes them away from them.

"Be quiet you three or else we won't be eating dinner until Midnight!" Molly sharply reprimanded her three kids causing them to instantly go silent.

"The Patronus" The book reads out once everyone is settled.

"Oh, finally we get to see your Patronus lessons!" James beams at his daughter, he was sad that she needed to learn it so early and he was angry at the effect they had on her, though on some level he understood exactly why. He however was happy Remus was teaching her to combat them and that he thought Cordelia was able to handle a 7th-year spell in the 3rd year.

Cordelia knew that on some twisted level, Hermione would've been in the right. Had Cordelia not had Remus in her corner or known that they could just call in an expert or check the wards; maybe Cordelia wouldn't have been as pissed off at her bestfriend as she currently was. She knew that Hermione's heart was probably in the right place but she was angry that not only did Hermione go completely against her wishes but she hadn't asked Cordelia if she was going to even ride the broom without having someone look it over.

Cordelia's present originally, if she had been able to do things her way; would've been looked over by Remus or Andromeda. Cordelia herself even knew a couple of different spells to check for dark magic that wasn't used for good, and she knew other spells of Auror Quality from not only Remus and Tonks but from one of her Dad's journals that she's been reading since her first year. It had been left in her vault for her, with a note pinned to it with her Dad's signature.

"You got it?!" James excitedly questioned. He had assumed earlier she did with something the text said but this was the key component he needed to confirm. He had made 5 journals for Cordelia, the one she had was a miniature grimoire of sorts with 30 different spells ranging from protection to jinxes and hexes, he wanted Cordelia to have all his knowledge if he wasn't there. Spell mastery was important to James and his father had fortunately had enough time to teach him everything he wanted; but James had been scared that he wouldn't be around to teach his daughter. Now he was back but luckily they can continue on where the book leaves off.

"Yes, I got it," Cordelia grins back. The journal from her Dad had gotten her through the first year and made her feel so at ease and homely, his magic had hummed around it and it felt like a safe place whenever she held it.

"Brilliant!" James grins the same grin back to his daughter. He kissed her forehead excitedly, feeling suddenly very giddy.

Ron.... again. Dorming however was still difficult, especially with their other roommates confused about why they weren't talking to each other. They had also gotten into four arguments about the bathroom in the morning and Hermione had threatened to hex her if she didn't shut up.