𝟙𝟘⏐the midnight duel

"So sweetheart did you have a fun time earlier?" Lily asks her daughter as they sit at dinner. After the meeting in Dumbledore's office, Cordelia was allowed to go back to the Room of Requirement and hang out with her friends and she even got some alone time with Blaise successfully distracting her godbrother and friends so they could continue where they left off. Boy was that Blaise charming Cordelia thought staring at her plate with a blush on her cheeks.

"Cori honey, your mum asked you a question," James says, pulling Cordelia out of her embarrassing thoughts. He raised an eyebrow when she murmured an apology, turning to her mother.

"Did you have fun earlier?" Lily asks again, smiling at the smile that spreads across her daughter's face after she asks.

"Yes Mum," She says, giving a look that says 'details later'. She notices her godfathers looking over curiously and decides to steer clear of that conversation. "So did you talk about anything else interesting in the office after I left?" Cordelia asks, hoping they weren't talking about her.

"We just got copies of your grades and records, Poppy put your updated scan in and told him the information that we talked about last night," Lily says dismissively while piling more food onto her unused plate. Cordelia pouts as her mom hands her a fork, and doesn't move for a minute. "Cordelia I know your stomach needs to get used to eating but that's what this is for." She says pulling out one of Cordelia's nutrient potions. She hands it to her daughter who stares at it stubbornly and huffs, elbowing James who was chowing down, making a move toward their daughter.

"Cordelia Lily you will drink that potion and then eat, I know you are hungry and that you are scared but we are not Vernon and Petunia. You will eat as much as you can, is that understood?" James says sternly, shocking those who had never seen him parent anyone or talk to Sirius and James. Cordelia nods and drinks the potion before slowly starting to eat. "Good girl." He praises with a smile, pressing a kiss to a less angry Lily's cheek.

"Puppy, do you want to play a round of chess before we go to bed tonight?" Sirius asks his goddaughter who nods instantly. "Alright, I'll teach you some moves to use against your friends." He says with a wink as they all dive into their meals and conversations.

Once everyone was finished up, the plates were cleared and all that was left were drink options for the reading. Headmaster Dumbledore stood up and tapped his wand, making the seats go back to what they had been earlier. "Now we will read two more chapters before we finish for the night, Mr.Malfoy I believe you should read this chapter," Dumbledore says passing the book to Draco Malfoy who was about to protest but at his godfather's glare, decided against it.

"Yes Sir." He murmurs before his eyes widen about the chapter he was given. "The Midnight Duel." He reads out making Cordelia's parents and godparents turn to her.

"You entered a Duel in your first year?" Lily asks calmly making Sirius, James, and Remus wince. Most of the adults were looking at her shocked, for all her adventures; duels were never mentioned.

"No ma'am, I promise I didn't enter a duel," Cordelia says trying to appease all the adults, feeling a little scared about the repercussions she will be facing. She absently starts poking at one of her scars and Ron smacks her hand away, making her pout. Draco clears his throat before starting to read.

Cordelia had .. old broom.

"You did what young man!" Molly Weasley bellowed, looking at her youngest son in disbelief. Ron groaned, glaring at the book hoping it would burst into flames in Malfoy's hand. "Ronald Billius Weasley you better not have been anywhere near Charlie's broom without his permission and under the eye of the twins or your other brothers!" She lectures as Charlie raises an eyebrow at his youngest brother.