𝟞𝟜⏐lillies, magnolias, and callistas

Cordelia was very grateful for the fact that they had a break between books 1-3 and the fourth one. The fourth was going to be hard for her, especially since she was going to relieve Cedric. She had been thinking since they got let out a day ago, why Cedric hadn't been brought back to life, and then she remembered what Ronan had said.

"Always the innocent are the first victims," he said. "So it has been for ages past, so it is now."

Cedric's death was a turning point and a set event she had realized. She didn't want to accept it but she had no choice if she learned anything from her Uncle Sirius it was that everything happened for some type of reason. She, however, hated that Cedric was an innocent unpreventable death. He was her friend, the books didn't show their connection as well as they should, but she had a feeling that book four was going to hyper-fixate on it. Especially since they hung out a lot more in Hogwarts that year and the Tournament allowed everyone a gaze on their friendship. While most of her friendships felt like family, Cedric had been her BEST friend. If she had been in grade school; she would've probably made him a friendship bracelet.

She was thinking about Cedric a lot today; since she had a bunch of time to herself. Her parents, godparents, uncles, the Founders, and House Heads were meeting to discuss the past 3 books; mainly the faults that Dumbledore had made in the school. Instead of opting to go hang out with anyone; she wanted to stay by herself for a day and reflect. She was feeling very emotionally drained and annoyed that there were four more books to read. She didn't want to read her future or her pre-determined future with everyone! Maybe there was a way to narrow the number of readers and what they read. She shouldn't have that much knowledge of her future anyways; only the things fate wanted to be changed should be shown; time travel has been proven to be messy. Cordelia's thoughts spurred as she glanced at the book in her lap. She had been attempting to read a book about runes but her thoughts had brought her away.

She silently cast the charm to make the record start playing and decided to focus on her book for now; it was quiet time, not obnoxious thought reading. She also decided that reading might take her mind off the cluster of a meeting that was going on in Dumbledore's office.

__________________________

"So where should we start?" Amelia Bones questioned from her place at one of the tables that had been pushed into a circle. Lily and James had provided a room for them to use; Godric having told them about it.

"We should start with Dumbledore and his faults," Poppy Pomfrey stated from her place next to Minerva, a piece of parchment in front of her. "We need to fix the school so that next year it runs a lot better," Poppy added as she took out another from a pad. "There are several issues with not only the hospital wing but probably all over the building," She duplicated her notes and passed them around. Her list included the fact that Severus had to make all of the potions by himself, that the supplies were only allowed to be ordered at the beginning of the year, and that she had no help in the medical wing.

"Well, we always had at least 2 fully trained healers and asked students to do their apprenticeships 6th and 7th year in the wing." Helga Hufflepuff tells those sitting around the table with a small smile. "You could easily do it and the funds should support it," Helga frowned, not remembering the last time that she or the other Founders had been updated on the school funds.

"We will definitely be implementing that," Minerva stated; she was acting Head since Albus was...indisposed under Auror's watch. Hence why Nymphadora and Mad-Eye weren't at the meeting.