𝟝𝟘⏐grim defeat

"Who should read the next chapter?" Lily questions, glancing at the book that was at Dumbledore's position.

"If you want, for the next couple of chapters, I can see if the charm for children's books works to animate it and it will stop in certain parts and when we talk." Professor Flitwick mentions knowing they wanted to get through the next chapters rather quickly, especially since the books were rather long.

"I think that's a great idea," Rowena confirms with her house's head. "Please perform the charm, Professor Flitwick."She instructs, not allowing Dumbledore to speak, something that amused Cordelia greatly about her grandmother.

"Alright then, the charm might make the voices sound like those who spoke, I'm unsure since it's normally used on children's books." Professor Flitwick warns before taking out his wand and casting the charm.

"Grim Defeat" The book announces the title, sounding like one of those audible recorded books in the muggle world. The voice had a slight accent that wasn't like Cordelia's or anyone she knew.

Professor..... happened.

"Of course, my house was all excited and repeating what happened." Godric smugly smirks at Salazar who rolls his eyes.

"Yes, that's something to be proud of." Salazar sarcastically drawls. "No offense to Lord Black, but your students found out a deranged criminal was after them and decided that it was gossip hour." He retains with a small frown.

"We never got to have an amazing sleepover in the great hall!" James protests with a frown, glancing over at his godmother and pouting.

"You didn't have a deranged psychopath in the castle." Professor McGonagall retorts with a small huff.

"Excuse me!?" Sirius rhetorically asks, glaring at her offended. "I was not a deranged psychopath, I was a protective godfather trying to save my sweet little goddaughter from a madman." He defends himself, puffing his chest up in pride.

"Everyone...... corner. Cordelia curled up next to Neville.

"Do .......shuddered. Cordelia silently mused about what Sirius was doing, confused about if he was actually innocent or if he went mad.

"I wasn't mad you silly girl." Sirius laughs with a grin. Cordelia gives him a look that doesn't quite convince him that she believes him.

"Well if you weren't mad then you certainly are now," Remus mutters under his breath causing his husband to be very angry.

"You're such a brat Remus John Lupin-Black." Sirius rolls his eyes, a smile on his face knowing that they were just joking around.

All......Ron.

"No, but you'll tell us why anyways," Draco mumbles under his breath. He didn't - not- like Granger since she was a mud-muggle-born but mostly because she always assumed she was the smartest in the room and while with Weasley she might be; his cousin Cordelia was definitely just as smart, if smarter than her.

"Probably,..... talking!"

"Wow Percy yelling; who knew." Charlie sarcastically chuckles causing his younger brother to glare at him.

"I was being a responsible HeadBoy." Percy defends himself.

"Yes you were, and we are so proud." Oliver coos at him with a small smirk; it widening as he blushes at his teasing.

The......nearer.

"You guys suck at that by the way." Percy bluntly tells his brother and friends. "Cordelia was the best at it but the rest of you were fairly obvious," Percy informs, causing Cordelia to smirk.