𝟙𝟡⏐the man with two faces

"Daddy?" Cordelia asks before the Minister starts reading. James looks at his daughter curiously as she leans against his chest, looking much younger than 14.

"Yes, Bambi?" James asks her, pulling her closer.

"Can you wrap us in a blanket, I kinda caught a chill," Cordelia says nervously, even after Christmas with her godfathers and part of the summer; she still was nervous to ask for things and James could see the apprehension on her face and wordlessly summoned a blanket for her; a nice green one.

"Here sweetheart," James says, wrapping them in it, motioning for Lily to join in the cuddle pile. "Is that better?" He asks with a smile. Cordelia nods just as the Minister starts to grumble about reading.

"Last chapter." Minister Fudge says gruffly before reading out the title. "The Man with Two Faces." Everyone looked at the book in anticipation, who was in the chamber?

It was Quirrell.

"QUIRRELL?" The entire population of Hogwarts, minus the rare few who knew the truth shouted out, Alastor Moody and Arcturus Black were looking rather smug; having guessed exactly what had happened.

"How the hell did that stuttering git fool all of us?" Parvati asks, glancing at her sister who was looking curiously at the book.

"Makes a lot of sense when you think about it." Blaise muses, drawing attention to him; including Cordelia. "His stutter was inconsistent and was fake; I just thought he was trying to pull witches." He adds with a shrug making a couple of people chuckle.

" You !" gasped Cordelia. She wasn't as surprised as people might think, the stutter was obviously fake.

Quirrell... st-stuttering P-Professor Quirrell?"

"I do not swoop around like an overgrown bat." Severus uncharacteristically grumbles to Regulus who bites back a smile at how adorable Severus is acting.

"No you don't love, don't you worry about it."Regulus soothes, kissing Severus' hand.

"I believe everyone here owes you an apology, sir," Ron says bravely, to Severus' confusion. "We shouldn't have automatically suspected you so I'm personally sorry." Ron finishes, surprising everyone in the hall; including his parents. Cordelia smiles at Ron, he really was maturing.

"It's alright Mr.Weasley, I understand," Severus says after a moment, blinking in shock. Everyone else was surprised to see that the 'git of the dungeons' accepted an apology, and from a Weasley no less.

Cordelia... you tonight."

"Thank you so much Severus for saving her life," James says with a small smile. "Our life debt is void if it isn't already," James says before a bright light flashes, surprising everyone in the hall. Severus glances at him thankfully and murmurs a 'your welcome'; years of spying hide the emotions floating around his face.

"You are a great friend Sev," Lily adds, giving her oldest friend a smile. She was so grateful for Severus; who had always been there for her and now was there for her daughter.

Quirrell snapped....Cordelia.

"That bloody bastard, I'll kill him," Sirius says with a growl, holding onto Remus who was fighting for control with Moony. The rest of the hall was angry and Cordelia swore she heard Charlie muttering about a dragon.

"You can't Uncle Siri," Cordelia says softly, glancing at her father who was clutching her and his mother tightly. Sirius noticed the look in her eyes and sighed, giving her a defeated nod. It took over 10 minutes for everyone to calm down and the Minister was looking rather affronted.