𝟙𝟝⏐nicholas flammel

"Why did you want to meet with us, Alastor?" Albus asked his old friend once the Potter-Black-Lupin family had sat down. The Greengrass family had offered to stay back, saying that when they all talked later, they could be filled in.

"Potter-Black can sense magic," Mad-Eye said gruffly, glancing at the girl with his magical eye and smirking as she didn't back down or cower at it. "What training are you going to give her?" He adds with a question mark.

"Cordelia has a sensitivity to magic, yes but can she really sense all magic?" Sirius asks in wonder, remembering the stories his mother used to tell about those who could sense it. His grandfather Artucus could sense magic, one of the reasons Voldemort had wanted him but he had said that until Voldemort got every other Black, he wouldn't be a follower, saving himself from being branded like cattle.

"Aye," Mad-Eye says, glancing at his old trainee. He couldn't wait for Sirius and James to be able to go back into the field, they were two of the best Aurors he had ever had. "I'd train her myself if you both don't want to or Old Arcturus is still alive and he can still sense magic." Mad-Eye states.

"I knew my grandfather was alive but I didn't know that he was still taking messages," Sirius says thoughtfully, remembering that his grandfather had given him the Lordship knowing that Dorea's granddaughter would be the Heir, had gotten a note when he went to fix everything so that if he died, Cordelia would be in charge of the Black Estate instead of the Malfoy boy.

"He will if it comes to Dorea's granddaughter," Mad-Eye says with a snort, knowing how much Artucus loved his youngest sister. She had been practically raised by Arcturus after their father died. "Especially since he's been inquiring about her ever since that night. About you too but Malfoy had the Minister shut him down." Mad-Eye tells them, making Sirius look at him outraged.

"I tried to placate him but he said got angry when I mentioned that Cordelia would be raised by her muggle family, he understood BloodWards but said the House of Black was more protected," Albus says with a frown. "Lucius had blocked his access after I had tried to get him to visit when Fudge first came into office." He explains further.

"Lord Malfoy has made a powerful enemy." Cordelia interrupts with her eyes darkening, thinking that if she and her godfather had been saved sooner, they wouldn't be as bad as they had been before meeting each other.

"Aye, he has lass." Mad-Eye agrees, having felt the child's magic for a moment before she had put it away, she had great control too. "We'll have to find a way to get him involved," Mad-Eye says thoughtfully. A moment later another golden flash goes through the room with another note from fate. Mad-Eye stops everyone from touching it and he does multiple spells on it. Once he deems it okay, he picks it up.

"What does it say, sir?" James asks his old boss, holding Lily's hand who was still upset.

"It says that we can have Arcturus and the guest from the other letter brought to the office right now along with Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy when we start the second book," Mad-Eye says, eyes narrowing on Cordelia who had slightly paled before covering herself up.

"Lils, Rem, Jamie what are you guys thinking?" Sirius asks, looking at the three of them who were having a conversation with their eyes while he and Mad-Eye had talked.

"I think we need your grandfather now so that by the time we leave this place, we are prepared," Lily says with a contemplative look. "He can help her and we might need his political savvy as former Lord Black, plus Cordelia could use another grandparent," Lily says knowingly, glancing at the Headmaster.

"And if we're going to be fighting Riddle, who better to inform us than his old classmate," Remus adds, gripping Sirius' hand. "Shouldn't we bring them all in during the second book, because at this point, it would be hard for them to catch up with the story?" Remus asks, concerned.