𝟚𝟞⏐gilderoy lockhart

"Is everyone ready to continue?" Albus asks after everyone comes back to their seats. The break had been good for everyone, especially the parents. Lily and James had gotten to talk to Adrian and Arcturus about what to do regarding Cordelia's behavior if they could actually punish her for that. They had also talked to Molly and Arthur who said they were going to punish Ron for not telling them about it and risking his life. They both accepted that punishment idea and were planning to talk to Cordelia later about it.

"Who will read next?" Minerva asks curiously glancing at the book. Albus looks at it as well and hands it to Professor Sprout who gives him a confused yet cheerful smile.

"Gilderoy Lockhart." Professor Sprout reads with a frown on her face. Pomona Sprout was usually so happy but that man made her as angry as the badger that her house emulated. Cordelia scowled at his name along with others, Ron even cursed lowly at the name.

The .....arrived. Neville Longbottom, on the other hand, greeted them cheerfully yet was giving his godsister a concerned look. He noticed the slight bump on her head and frowned widely.

"You okay Cori, do you need to go to the Hospital Wing?" Neville asked her nervously.

"No Nev, I'm okay, thank you though," Cordelia said with a small smile. Neville shrugs before turning his attention toward the sky. "Mail's.... feathers.

"Arthur you need a new owl," Sirius says to him, thinking of how tired poor Errol must be. Arthur nods in agreement and puts it on his list, along with spending equal money on each of his children.

"Neville is so sweet." Lily coos, smiling at her godson who gave a shy one in return. James gives him a proud grin and internally hopes to get Neville's parents back as well. One way or another his godson needed his parents. THey'd be so proud of Neville and after hearing what was revealed about Algie in the book; Augusta will wring his neck along with Alice while Frank threatens to arrest them.

"Neville I love you," Cordelia states to her godbrother, getting up to hug him. Neville chuckles and kisses her on the cheek.

"I love you too." Neville returns the sentiment with a big smile.

"Look at them," Lily whispers to James as they hug again. "Don't they remind you of Allie and me?" Lily asks her husband who shrugs.

"They also remind me of Frankie and I," James comments with a small wistful smile because he misses his godbrother. Lily gives him a small kiss on the head.

"Errol....... Cordelia as she accepted the same damp red envelope from Hedwig who had nipped her ear as if to scorn her.

"I would've sent you a howler too." Lily absently comments causing Cordelia to blush further. "Although maybe in private instead of in public." She adds after a moment, remembering how loud Howlers can be; especially after seeing Sirius, Remus and even James get them during school.

"That would've been nice," Cordelia mutters with a faint blush, remembering the teasing she had gotten about hers.

"She's -...... horrible."

"Augusta's Howlers are scary." Sirius comments with a shiver making those who heard it match the shiver that he gave. Cordelia nods in agreement, having etiquette lessons from her occasionally was like an in-person Howler when you mess up.

"I've gotten four and they're terrible." Neville shudders.

Cordelia.... seen.

"Tough luck Ron, I've been there mate," Sirius murmurs to the kid who was looking embarrassed at the recollection of the howler. "Be grateful your mum isn't a part banshee," Sirius comments halfhearted, remembering his mother.