𝟝𝟚⏐the firebolt

"The FireBolt," The book read out causing people to glance around at the title with it being the most rare and popular broom.

"I hope that's a good thing," James murmurs before remembering that it could be a broom with the fact Cordelia had been looking for one and he hopes he's right.

"How are you not freaking out?" Ron demanded Cordelia after she had quietly led them back through the passageways using the cloak and the map. Neville had gripped her hand the whole time and Ron and Hermione were looking at her as if she was a ticking- time bomb.

"Is she in shock?" Hermione questions concerned, reaching up to feel Cordelia's face with a frown. Cordelia swatted her hands away with a small laugh and led them back to the dorms where no one else was. They had ignored Fred and George's end-of-semester ticks or Percy's lectures about studying as they had snuck Neville and Ron into the girl's dorm while everyone else was gone.

"I'm fine, sit I need to tell you, guys, something that will explain my behavior." Cordelia sighed motioning for them to sit on the bed or around her area. Once everyone was situated, Cordelia took a deep breath and started explaining everything that she knew besides the family secrets that no one else was allowed to know; so basically everything Neville knew along with the fact that he wasn't actually the secret keeper.

"So if he's not the one who's responsible for Aunt Lily and Uncle James' death then why is Sirius Black 'after' you?" Neville questions concerned for her safety while Ron and Hermione were trying to process what she had said to them.

"That is a very good question," Madame Bones looks at Sirius with a small frown, trying to figure out what was going on.

"It'll be explained in the books ma'am," Cordelia smiles at the head of the DMLE and was appreciative of how she wanted to do her job properly; unlike a certain Minister, she knew.

"Does it have to do with the memories you sent me?" She questions and once she gets a nod of confirmation from Cordelia, she drops the matter with a small smirk.

"I don't know-" Cordelia frowns. That was one thing that Uncle Remus and her had not been able to figure out with Aunt Andromeda; they didn't know why Sirius would break out now unless he was trying to prove his innocence. "I couldn't tell you guys because it was on a need-to-know base," She apologized as Ron looked ready to yell.

"How could the ministry be so stupid!" He yelled, surprising Cordelia when it wasn't directed at him. "Magical godparents take Godparent oaths, and since you are the Black Heir, he probably blood-adopted you as well!" Ron surprises Hermione with the knowledge he knew but Cordelia and Neville slap their foreheads, not believing that they could have been so stupid.

"Idiotic-"

"Why didn't we-"

"Do you think Remus-"

"Possible but then why didn't the Ministry-"

"Coverup -"

"Dumbledore -"

"Crouch-"

"Gold-"

"Wizengamount-"

"Malfoy-"

"Blocks-"

"Do you two do that alot?" James raises an eyebrow at the two godsliblings with an amused expression. Cordelia and Neville shrug, they never really noticed that they did that before these books started mentioning it.