𝟛𝟙⏐the rouge bludger

"Now that everyone is all fed, let's finish up with two chapters before bed," Dumbledore says after the delicious feast was presented to them.

"That food was amazing." Ron moans, stomach stuffed to the brim with roast, potatoes, and even vegetables. He had been in heaven over the food; the house elves really outdid themselves today.

"Is it alright if I were to read?" Poppy Pomfrey asks, remembering when Cordelia ended up in her hospital wing.

"That would be perfectly fine," Albus responds, sending the book to the Matron of the Hospital Wing and she took it into her hand. She scowls at the chapter title, sending a glare to Albus and muttering about his brain not being able to work.

"The Rouge Bludger." Poppy reads out loud.

"That doesn't sound good," Tonks mutters worriedly before remembering some of the letters home from Cordelia. She glances at her cousin who was looking nervously at her parents, knowing their reaction would be the worst.

Since...him.

"I'm sorry; what?" James interrupts the first paragraph read, sending an apologetic look to the school nurse. He turns toward the headmaster with a frown. "How in the name of Merlin did you not know this guy is probably a fraud?" He asks rhetorically. "He's having the students act out his books and talking about different cures that don't exist." He's exasperated.

Cordelia... it. She thought this was ridiculous and she didn't like that he was so close to her, Neville and Ron didn't either; they had their wands in their hands. Blaise Zabini was oddly staring down Lockhart aswell, to Cordelia's utter confusion.

"Nice.... attacks."

"I'm sorry he made my cub do what?" Remus lets out a low growl as he glances at his goddaughter who was frowning at the thoughts that were coming to mind. Moony was growling in Remus' mind, wanting nothing more than to kill the man who made his cub uncomfortable and forced her to give into wolf stereotypes.

"He made you act out the books?" Lily questions outraged, that wasn't going to help them at all. "These books he wrote sound more like a fantasy genre in the muggle world than a textbook for DADA!" She outrageously states glaring at the Headmaster. "Why didn't the board question this?" She swivels her head to her father, who she knew held a seat on the board.

"Andromeda had asked us to look into it but with Lord Malfoy controlling the board with the craziness from the year; we couldn't pass the bill through." Adrian scowls, glaring at the Malfoy Lord who looked regretful. Narcissa whips her head around and glares at her husband.

"I will end you Lucius Malfoy." Narcissa whispers with a glare. "You not only jeopardized the education of your niece and your son; you prevented an entire school from getting an education with a competent teacher you arse." She raises an eyebrow. "And here I thought Malfoy's got the best; well clearly you failed your son's education. It's lucky he takes after me in the knowledge department." Narcissa snips before glancing apologetically at the hall.

"I can't believe he made you act everything from his books," Tonks says in disbelief. "That had to be creepy." She adds after a moment. Cordelia shifts in her seat, looking very uncomfortable.

"It was terrible, he even put his foot close to my throat and I was terrified. I tried talking to Professor McGonagall about it but when I came back the next day; she had no clue what I was talking about." Cordelia hesitantly speaks up, glancing at the older woman who had turned stark white.

"Why would I forget?" Professor McGonagall asks, her Scottish brogue coming in largely in confusion. Cordelia sighs.

"I don't have a clue; I had theories but never followed through because I thought you didn't care and that's why you had no clue; it had happened before." Cordelia hesitantly admits after Lily and James's insistence; the reaction to her testament ringing through the hall. The thought of what happened was put in the back of their minds.