𝟚𝟡⏐the deathday party

"Are you okay Uncle James?" Daphne asks everyone adjusts themselves to read the next chapter. James, Lily, and Minerva had left the hall for a long talk and were just getting back inside.

"I'm fine Daphne, thank you for asking." James gives his niece a kind smile as the Potter patriarch guides his wife back to their seats. "We have another couple of chapters to read correct?" James asks once they are all seated. He glances at the Headmaster who nods in agreement.

"Yes, we do and I was now going to see who would read this chapter," Albus says looking over the hall.

"I will sir," Arthur says with a decisive nod. He wanted to get this over with; knowing this book would be hard for not only Cordelia but Ginny. The book gets sent over to Arthur who catches it and opens the chapter. "The Deathday Party."

"Did you go to Sir Nicholas' party?" Lily questions her daughter with a smile. "I went when I was in Hogwarts during my second and third year; Nick and I are good friends." Lily reminisces making Cordelia smile.

"We are too, he mentioned you guys were close when you were in school," Cordelia comments to her mother before turning to Arthur who was waiting to read.

October...... fire. Cordelia herself was taken to get some by Neville after she had been coughing for three days straight.

Raindrops...... mud.

"Nothing like playing Qudditch in the rain, it's the best." James wistfully comments, being brought into flashbacks from his years at Hogwarts and when he could've gone professional. He had offers from 6 different teams but the war and his Auror Academy acceptance took precedence.

"I love it, however, I don't like when my glasses used to get raindrops on them." Cordelia shares with her dad who grimaces with her. The only downside to having glasses was when the rain got on them.

"There are charms for that." James comments.

"I know but I always forgot to do it before games." Cordelia laughs, her family joining in.

"Moony had to do mine for me before every game since I forgot," James admits, scratching the back of his neck.

"I do my own now." Cordelia hesitantly states; not telling her father that the real reason is that she hates wands being pointed at her.

Even.... Cordelia. She loved the Gryffindor House ghost, he was kind and told her small stories about her mother.

"Hello, ..... agree.

"Poor Nick, they always reject him.." Lily comments, knowing exactly what the letter stated. Nick used to comment on the fact that he was always denied for the Headless Hunt because he wasn't fully headless.

"They're rude," Cordelia growls lowly, hating the guy that was a part of it. He tried to haunt her because she was the 'chosen one' and a Potter.

"I mean, nobody wishes more than I do that it had all been quick and clean, and my head had come off properly, I mean, it would have saved me a great deal of pain and ridicule. However -" Nearly Headless Nick shook his letter open and read furiously:

"'We..... Sly -"

"It's not the broom but the rider." James vents, hating when players got psyched out because of fancy gadgets. "In fact, your great-grandfather rode on a regular muggle broom that he charmed himself and rode faster than someone with a comet 260," James informs his daughter.

"I know it's not the broom that makes the match Dad, but back then Cousin Draco's bragging was making us all insecure and nervous for the match." Cordelia frowns, remembering a hard time.