𝟠𝟜 ⎸the hungarian horntail

"Before we continue, I want everyone to have a calming potion," Cordelia stood up and walked over to Severus who pulled the vials out of his robes. "This next chapter and the couple following are going to probably be hard and I don't want to cause any of you to have a heart attack or something of the sort." Cordelia admitted, an embarrassed blush going across her cheeks.

"How bad is this going to be?" Lily muttered to her husband as she was passed a vial. Cordelia had already faced Voldemort twice, a giant snake, a mass murderer and a werewolf; what would be next?

"I have a feeling we are going to need this whole potion," James responded, downing his as if it was a shot of firewhiskey. Lily soon followed along with most of the others who didn't know about Cordelia's fight with a dragon or that the task was Dragons.

"That's not reassuring at all James," Regulus chimed in, having also drank the potion. He had been taught from birth not to react to things and to have no emotion but besides the Black family flair for dramatics; he was worried about his youngest family member.

"I wasn't going for reassuring, Regulus," James snorted, he was feeling a tad sardonic. He was not looking forward to this TriWizard tournament actually starting.

"Well, excuse me for trying to be positive," Regulus muttered under his breath before turnign to the front. Professor Flitwick started up the spell, and everyone turned back toward the front of the room, not wanting to be distracted from what promised to be a promising chapter.

Cordelia could lie and say that Hogwarts was feeling like a home during the current school year but she'd be lying. Rita Skeeter didn't write much about her in the article and what she did write was so bland compared to what she wrote about the other champions that many were calling her a boring girl but at the same time; she was rumored to be dating Cedric according to Rita Skeeter's "sources". She didn't like to think about what would happen if Andromeda and Ted hadn't been there; Rita would've probably flipped all of her words around because she was a "celebrity".

'Thank Merlin for Andromeda and Ted' was the collective thought going around the hall, each person knowing just how cynical and manipulative Rita could be when it came to her writing.

The article was all anyone had been talking about at Hogwarts for the past 10 days and Cordelia felt awful for her fellow champions. Cordelia's article was the main focus and then the lies and slander that Rita wrote about the other champions were back page news and Cedric was stated as the "second Hogwarts champion" which made Cordelia fume with anger when she read it. Rita had interviewed others about her and that's how she was able to work around the papers signed by the Ministry. Safe to say that the school was becoming more and more questioning about her life and she was sick of mainly Slytherin's mocking her.

"Potter-Black do you miss mummy and daddy today?" Draco called down the hallway at her. The Slytherins surrounding him started laughing, Rolling her eyes, Cordelia flipped him off and turned the corner, buying into someone.

"Potter-Black are–" Someone spoke and Cordelia snapped, feeling very angry at the situation that she found herself in. She whirled around and opened her mouth to snap at whoever it was but stopped when she saw it was Michael Corner. "Cordelia, are you alright?" He asked, giving her a concerned look.

"I don't like this at all," Regulus muttered, seeing the Ravenclaw boy staring at his niece as this part was read. He knew that Cordelia was quite happy with her two partners but this young man was staring at her as if she still had feelings for him – which didn't make sense to him.

"Neither do I, as a student he's pleasant but the Hogwarts rumor mill has a lot more to say about him," Severus lowly confided to his fiance, also noticing what was happening in the hallway. He then glanced at his two Slytherin students who cared about the raven-haired girl and noticed them both glaring at Michael Corner. "Check out our future nephew in-laws," Severus chuckled, nudging Regulus.