𝟟𝟡⏐A Journey to a Hidden Tree

"We need to get Tilly's chocolate chip cookie recipe," Cordelia told Theo and Blaise as they walked the grounds. They were taking a break and she had wanted to get out of the hall for a moment so they took some cookies and treats to take with them. Originally just her and Blaise were going to go but she asked him to come along as well. She had led Theo and Blaise around and was currently leading them to her favorite spot.

"She'd give you it if you asked," Blaise commented, wrapping her hand in his. "She loves you and your father with her whole heart," He chuckled as he pointed that out. House-Elves normally weren't seen, especially at Hogwarts but Tilly had jumped in to see Cordelia and James when the elves delivered the snacks.

"I don't know how you make so many House Elves worship you," Theo commented, sounding impressed with her.

"I don't get it either," Cordelia admits as she leads them down the path toward the secret area she created, it was semi-deep in the Forbidden Forest. "I just treat them with respect," Cordelia shrugged.

"So where are you leading us?" Blaise asked, slightly amused at how his girlfriend was dragging him along. He was going to use this time to talk to both of them, he couldn't control his emotions any longer and it felt like he was slightly rushing but he couldn't help it. The two of them were slowly becoming his world.

"My secret spot, it's not mentioned in the books, and not even Neville knows about it," She glanced at them once but focused on finding the right spot. "It's somewhere that I go and hide in, I discovered it first year," Cordelia added. Stopping in front of a tree, she pressed her hand to it and murmured the spell that she enclosed it with. It opened up and she motioned for them to walk ahead of her.

"Wow," Theo whistled, thoroughly impressed with the area. Entering the tree trunk that had come up like a muggle elevator door, he noticed that there was a small sofa, bookshelf, and a bathroom off the main little room that went into the ground. "Did you do all of this?" He wondered, noticing that Cordelia had hung up some pictures and had some food around.

"No, I found the structure like this, I just cleaned and decorated," Cordelia scratched the back of her neck, surprised Theo thought so highly of her skills. "This and the chamber of secrets could be great places to hide if needed," Cordelia had thought about hiding a lot too. She knew that it wasn't unlikely for Voldemort to attack the school or to need a break sometimes and she had thought about having a place where she could just live and be herself.

"It's amazing," Blaise agreed with Theo's assessment. He sat down on the couch and Cordelia plopped next to him. Theo looked unsure of where he should sit until Blaise grabbed his hand and pulled him onto the couch with them. Theo sat down but scootched himself sideways so he wasn't touching knees with her.

"Did you guys see Narcissa's face after what False-Moody did?" Cordelia started up the conversation, hoping to avoid the elephant in the room for as long as possible. She didn't have a chance to talk to Blaise about her feelings and she didn't know if she should before they both confessed to Theo. She knew Blaise clearly also liked the elusive Nott heir and she hoped that they could figure this out. It was confusing and even though Cordelia had talked to Sirus and Remus about it with the two boys – she still didn't know how it would work.

"I did, she was ready to kill someone," Blaise hummed, Narcissa's face was terrifying, to say the least. He knew that Narcissa wasn't one to mess with but she had looked comparable to his mother, the Black Widow herself. The scarier thought was that the two of them were close friends.

"Can you blame her?" Theo rhetorically asked. He was feeling quite nervous about being alone with Cordelia and Blaise, he didn't know when his feelings had grown for the both of them. He wanted to just act on instinct and bury his feelings, Merlin knows that his father and grandfather taught him enough about that. He wanted to be happy, he didn't know how to obtain that without making himself look like an idiot.