𝟜𝟟⏐talons and tealeaves

"Shall we continue?" The Headmaster asks the hall as they all settle. Cordelia was sitting on a couch with Blaise, Neville, Theo, and Ron. Her parents were on the other couch next to them, close enough to be able to touch if Cordelia got overwhelmed or something.

"May I read please?" Andrea Greengrass questions, wanting to read about her niece's life. The Headmaster nods, giving her a small 'grandfatherly' smile. She summons the book to herself and opens it, glancing at the title intrigued. "Talons and Tea Leaves" Andrea reads concerned.

When....Woooooooo!" (a/n: instead of Draco doing the teasing it's Pansy and she calls her pug-face instead of Parkinson)

"You don't hold back in your thoughts do you kiddo?" Sirius barks out laughing, loving the description that she gave about the Parkinson girl.

"No, I don't lie either." Cordelia giggles quickly, enjoying the look of disbelief and rage on Pansy Parkinson's face. Her mother gives her a slightly disapproving look but doesn't say anything, causing Cordelia to smile slightly.

"How unbecoming of a young woman, making fun of someone for fainting around dementors," Arcturus comments lowly to Adrian and the other Greengrass family members.

"Well have you met her parents?" Adrian asks rhetorically. "They are plebians for someone with 'pure' blood." He says the pure part with a sarcastic laugh, knowing the Parkinson's weren't as pure as they claimed.

"Times have changed my friend, my father would've killed me for saying something like that to someone." Arcturus comments, stiffing slightly at the thought of his father. Adrian nods in agreement, remembering his own father.

Cordelia...... voice.

"You aren't the only one love," James comments to his daughter, trying to get her to feel better. "My father had a strong reaction to them and I did as well; it's practically written in our blood."

"Why is that?" Cordelia curiously asks.

"I will explain when we leave the time bubble, it's a 15th birthday; family secret sort of thing." James vaguely explains, giving her a searching look. "Now that I'm back, I'm excited to be able to give the same talk my father gave to me," James adds, a wistful smile on his face.

"Okay, I'll wait." Cordelia pouts slightly, unhappy about having to wait. "Did it get easier?" Cordelia asks after a moment, knowing the Dementors are going to bother her again in the future, knowing her luck.

"Being able to cast a Patronus and something else I can't tell you," James tells her, giving her an apologetic look. She nods, accepting the answer as she squeezes Blaise's hand after they intertwined.

"Forget.... there."

"Why do they use dementors for the prison?" Hermione questions, glancing at Madame Bones and the Aurors, reluctantly looking at Fudge. "I know that the wizarding world isn't the same as the Muggle World but it would be considered inhumane in it." Hermoine continues, glancing confused at the authority figures.

"They've been there since Ekrizdis died and made the island of Azkaban known; we never looked into another prison and if someone has a smaller sentence, we put them on the floor that has little to no dementor exposure," Amelia explains, looking fearful at the name Ekrizdis.

"There has to be another way to utilize the dementors and make a safer prison for those who disobey the law or commit the most heinous of crimes." Hermione protests, seemingly about to launch into a speech about Human rights and all that, but she's cut off.