𝟡⏐the potions master

"Cordelia love, first of all, we want to apologize for not being here for you," James says to his daughter after they all had put on their pajamas and gotten some hot chocolate to talk as a family since they hadn't really had too much family time because of reading the books. Remus and Sirius were cuddled up on one couch and Sirius kept glancing at the Potters every couple of seconds, making sure that they didn't leave. Cordelia was sitting next to her parents on a bigger couch and Godric Gryffindor had left his portrait to give the small family a sense of privacy. Cordelia goes to protest but James holds up his hand. "We love you more than life itself and we're just glad you are alive," James says to his daughter.

"Daddy, it's not your fault," Cordelia says and Sirius goes to say something but Cordelia glares at him. "It's not yours either Uncle Paddy, The blame is on Voldemort and that Rat," Cordelia says, smiling when her parents don't flinch over his name, making her proud that they aren't afraid of him.

"I want to talk a little bit more about the Dursleys sweetheart.." Lily says looking at her daughter who had tensed up. "I know it's a hard topic but I want to know everything, we weren't able to watch over you too much and don't really have too many ideas about your upbringing." Lily finishes, wrapping an arm around her daughter, James following suit.

"They hated me from the moment I arrived." Cordelia starts off, slightly shivering at the memory. "They hated that I was magical, always calling me a freak and telling me that I was worthless, as the both of you," Cordelia states bitterly, a tear falling down her cheek but she doesn't pay attention to it. "They would say horrible things about you both, Dad was a drunk and Mum was a floozy who threw herself at the first man with money." She spits out making both her parents gasp. Cordelia just continues on, the words coming out like vomit as she tells her life before Hogwarts to her parents who were gripping her tighter and tighter.

"We are so sorry honey, we don't know how you ended up there," Lily says after a moment. "In our will we mention Pettigrew being the Secret Keeper along with your list of Guardians." She says making everyone who didn't know look at her in shock. "Sirius and Remus were the first, then the Tonks, Weasleys, Longbottoms, Severus, and even Professor McGonagall," Lily says, making Cordelia look at her shocked.

"Severus Snape, my Potion's Professor?" Cordelia says in complete shock. Sirius and Remus were looking at her shocked aswell while James didn't look entirely happy but nodded in agreement. "As in what most students refer to him as the 'greasy git of the dungeons'?" She asks rhetorically. "The man who up until this book revealed that I wasn't the spoiled pampered princess who he thought, treated me.." She suddenly cuts off making both of her parents look at her suspiciously.

"How did he treat you, Cori?" James asks, sitting up to face his daughter. Cordelia thinks over how to go about this, not wanting to get Professor Snape into any trouble since he did defend her and save her life.

"Like any other student." Cordelia lies, making Sirius snort and Remus elbows him, the latter realizing what their goddaughter was doing. There were more important things to talk about than how a single professor treated her, Cordelia thought. "Why wasn't I with any of the people listed?" Cordelia asks after a moment.

"You heard the Headmaster, Lucius was pushing for Custody since you have Black Blood and Petunia is technically your closest Blood Relative after Sirius," Remus says, making James and Lily both shake their heads. "What do you mean she isn't?" HE asks to get the attention of Sirius and Cordelia who had been having a staring contest.

"I found out that I was adopted right before I passed and didn't have time to write it down in the will," Lily says making Cordelia pale slightly. "When my parents died, they had sent a letter to Gringotts to be opened after I turned 21," Lily explains. "After Petunia, they hadn't been able to conceive and I was never able to tell Petunia since she blamed me for our parents' death even though they died of natural causes." She finishes sadly, making Cordelia cuddle with her mother to make her feel better.