𝟟𝟜⏐the dark mark

a/n: Hello friends! I just wanted to say before the chapter started that i appreciate all your kind comments, and that i am going to try keeping the chapters up every week! after book four ( and some finishing chapters to round out this first book) is going to be a sequel that covers Cordelia's 5-7 years plus some epilogue beyond stuff. I haven't fully planned it out but i have lots of ideas and it won't be as long as this one, that is for sure! let me know what you'd love to see in that book and keep a look out on my page for other books coming soon!! 

----------------------

"Does anyone want to read or do we want to allow the book to read for us?" Professor McGonagall asks, wanting to get everyone's opinions since this was mainly about Cordelia's life and she still didn't think it should be entirely up to her.

"I think this should be a chapter that someone reads, hearing it in everyone's voices might be too much," Sirius responds, noticing how quiet Cordelia had gotten once she realized what was about to happen. "I'll even read it," Sirius adds, knowing it would be best for him to do this, so he could have a distraction.

"Alright, Sirius you may read," Professor McGonagall responds, carefully handing him the book since he had walked toward her to grab it. Sirius walked back to sit with Remus, and clutched his hand with the one not holding the book; Remus would be giving him help to hold the other side.

"The Dark Mark" Sirius reads out, making many in the hall's spines shiver with the thought of the Dark Mark being seen in a bit. James and Lily looked over at Cordelia nervously and Regulus clutched his forearm, scared out of his mind that Cordelia got trampled by death eaters or something worse. 

Don't tell....to know. (page 117)

"I still don't want to know," Arthur sighed, ignoring Fred and George's grins along with Molly's glare as he avoided eye contact.

"We do great work!" Fred starts, glancing at his father with a protesting frown.

"Seriously, all this disbelief and ignorance are truly hurting our feelings!" George frowned as well, he hated that his parents and siblings didn't fully support their dreams. Bill and Charlie tried, Percy frowned at them a lot and the younger two had spent more time staying alive than worrying about the business they wanted to create. Cordelia managed to do all of that though, and Ron did help with some of their products.

"We're sorry, we just want what's best for you," Molly sighs, not wanting to have this conversation in front of everyone.

"What's best in your opinion Mum is different than what we know is best for us," Fred counters, knowing that they both had different opinions of that.

"Mum, Fred has a point," Charlie defends his younger brothers, knowing he had the same conversation with his mother when he started his career after graduation. She had argued with him and he had left in anger for at least 3 weeks to cool off before he moved to Romania.

They were......their lanterns. (Page 117)

"It was a hard path to follow with everyone running into us," Cordelia pouted, remembering the elbows that had ended up in her side.

"We didn't have that trouble," Blaise frowned, wondering why they hadn't crossed paths sooner that night. 

"Okay kiddos, now I want you to relax and get ready for bed," Sirius instructed Neville and Cordelia after they got settled into their tents. It was pretty late, about 12 am; the game had finished later than expected — even for a world cup.