𝟜𝟞⏐uncle reggie's great advice

Cordelia was sitting by the Black Lake the next morning, spending her free time before the reading working on some notes that she had written during the readings about questions she had. She was going through the list and seeing what questions had been answered and what problems needed to be fixed in Hogwarts and her life. She was enjoying the quiet time by herself. Even in the Gryffindor rooms, she had the founder's portraits and her parents, she missed the quiet time she had whenever she was at the castle.

Her ideas for Hogwarts included many different things but she was mostly concerned about how ignored Wizarding Traditions were and how muggle-born and raised students had disadvantages that caused them to adapt their own ideals into it instead of adjusting. She saw how foreign the concepts of Wizarding Holidays and culture were to Hermione who didn't have someone like Cedric or Andromeda to help her, or even Ronald and his family's disregard for certain cultural aspects she had come to love.

Her biggest issue at the moment was Voldemort. Since two weeks ago when he rebirthed himself using her blood, she was unsure of how she would be able to defeat him. She knew she would end up having to do it, Voldemort seemed too interested in her otherwise and he kept coming after her. She knew the diary had been a Horcrux, and she had a sneaking suspicion that he made more, especially since someone like Voldemort would want to cheat death as much as possible. Hell his name means 'flight from death' and he's bragged about being immortal.

Cordelia, however, thought this was stupid, Death was inevitable and was apart of life just as much as anything else including fate, time, and all the other mystical or otherworldly beings that Cordelia believed to be real, which is one of the reasons she accepted reading the books. If there was a chance of a higher power, she wasn't going to piss them off by ignoring their demands and suggestions.

Looking back at the list, she checked off another one of her questions that were answered, her father told her the full reason that Professor Snape, or Severus as he told her to call him in private, had hated and was rude to her. Now she just needed to know why Voldemort had come to her house, why her parents were killed and why she hadn't died, there had to be more to it than her Mother's sacrifice and blood magic.

"Cordelia, what are you doing out here instead of at breakfast?" Regulus questions, walking toward his niece, a frown on his face.

"I needed a minute." Cordelia sighs upset her quiet time was over but also slightly happy to see Regulus. They had bonded a bit these past couple of days and she loved her Uncle Regulus even more than the stories that Sirius had told her.

"It's getting pretty overwhelming isn't it?" Regulus rhetorically asks as he takes a seat next to her. He snaps his fingers, causing Dobby to appear, much to Cordelia's amusement. "Dobby can you get a tea kit for two for out here and some chocolate muffins please?" Regulus politely asks the excited house elf.

"Of course Master Regulus Sir!" Dobby squeaks excitedly before popping away,a second later he pops back in with a tray for the two of them, leaving after he set it up.

"What's the worst of it?" Regulus inquires as he fixes tea for the two of them, giving her a small eyebrow raise.

"My parents' reactions," Cordelia says without hesitation, trusting her uncle to let her rant. "Basically I've had to raise myself since they died, the Dursleys didn't do shit for me, Uncle Regulus." She starts, giving him a small look after she cursed, seeing if he'd chastise her but he doesn't. "I understand they care and to them, they left a baby and came back to a teenage daughter who's been through so much that she has crippling anxiety and held under the Cruciatus not once but twice! I'm not a fully grown child anymore and every time they chastise me before letting the books explain what happens it hurts because they don't wait to hear my reasoning or see if I was scolded by one of the 15 million adults that decided 'hey I know we all abandoned Cordelia at the Dursley's and let Dumbledore and Lucius Malfoy get away with it but let's all be interested in her life now' like it's so counterproductive Uncle Reg!" She pants at the end of her rant, giving a lost look to her shell-shocked Uncle.