𝟚𝟝⏐the whomping willow

"Can I read next?" Theodore Nott asked after everyone had calmed down from their excitement and James and Sirius may or may not have hexed Malfoy into sprouting peacock feathers much to his disgust. Cordelia had switched her seat during this time, sitting back with her boyfriend, knowing what happened with the whomping willow was coming up and Remus might kill her just for hitting the tree. Her mother was going to fully freak out.

"Yes Mr.Nott, that would be lovely thank you," Albus states, sending the book toward the young Nott who grabbed it and opened the page quickly. Theodore paled, looking at his newfound friend in disbelief.

"The Whomping Willow." Theo reads out making the Mauraders, Regulus, and Lily's faces pale. Remus turns toward his wayward goddaughter who was tucking herself into her boyfriend's side to appear invisible.

"Cordelia, why is the chapter called the Whomping Willow?" Remus asks in a falsely calm voice, trying to keep from growling, Moony was concerned that the cub was anywhere near the place where they transform, even if they hadn't been there that year; the tree itself was still dangerous.

"You're gonna find out in like 5 minutes, why ask me about it now?" Cordelia mutters lowly under her breath, so low that Remus' ears are strained hearing it. She hears a low growl, making her curse internally because Remus definitely heard her. She quickly closes her mouth and motions for Theo to read quickly.

The end of the summer vacation came too quickly for Cordelia's liking. She was looking forward to getting back to Hogwarts, but her month at the Tonk's had been the happiest of her life. She was really upset to be leaving the Tonks till her next birthday, unless she was allowed to go back for Christmas which Professor Dumbledore was apparently considering, according to her Aunt Andromeda. She wanted to spend more time at the Tonks, it was the first place she felt completely welcome, even Hogwarts couldn't compare to the homey atmosphere that Aunt Andromeda, Uncle Ted, and Cousin Tonks provided.

One of her favorite parts of the summer was when Aunt Andromeda, Uncle Ted, and Tonks celebrated her birthday, which happened a couple of days after they went to Diagon Alley; since they were waiting for a day that all four of them could be home. Cordelia had never been so in awe, she had never fully celebrated it to her memory.

"So definitely spoiling our princess," James says lowly to his wife, remembering the first birthday that they had with her; her little smiles and her cute little face as she tried to blow out her candles after Sirius had shown her how.

"We will completely," Lily agrees, thinking back to her daughter's first birthday as well. She had made her daughter a Potter Family cake; shaped like a snitch with a dog, stag, and wolf emblem since Peter couldn't make it.

"We should show her those memories if Rem and Siri didn't," James suggests, glancing at his daughter lovingly, mentally cooing at how cute she looked in her little sweater but scowled slightly, seeing his baby with a boyfriend. To them, it had been a week since they saw their little girl as a baby (not counting the weird paradox where they started the reading) and he wished he had more time with her.

The night before she went back to Hogwarts was bittersweet. Aunt Andromeda made her favorite foods: shepherd's pie, and treacle tart, and got her some ButterBeer which is a wizarding soda-like beverage. She had spent the night with the entire family, they played muggle board games like Monopoly and wizarding games like gobstones and they even watched a movie, it was a musical called Newsies and Cordelia thought it was quite lovely. It was a U.S based movie but Tonks was obsessed with it. Andromeda and she had made sure her trunk was completely packed the night before along with packing the new couple of items in her wardrobe, including the pajamas that Tonks got her for her birthday; there were three different pairs with snitches, unicorns, and plaid.