Chapter 2 - The Beyond

Asuka's POV:

It was a typical beautiful morning, with a refreshing breeze that signaled the arrival of autumn. The excitement of the first day of school was in the air, and I left home after finishing my morning routine. Although I'm more of a stay-at-home-and-play kind of person, all good things must come to an end. Sigh... I just bought Elden Ring and don't even have time to play.

The entrance gate to the school is crowded as always, those who have transferred and those who have just started high school are experiencing the same confusion, a high school day classic. I'm in the same class as Fuutarou, in 2-C according to the class list. After hanging my bag on my shoulder, I made my way towards my classroom. It was then that I felt a stranger's hand lightly touch me.

''U-umm...Asuka-kun?''

When I turned my head, what I saw was a girl. I don't remember her very well, I think she was someone I knew from the last period. Maybe she just wanted to say hello.

''Ah, Hello. Its nice to se———GH!''

AHH! NOW I REMEMBER! This girl was the one who asked me out last semester, but I tried to swoosh away by leaving her answer unanswered! My sins that I have postponed are coming back to me.

''So, w-what is your a-answer Asuka-kun? You know...my confession?...''

W-what the fuck is that heavy air around me? When I turned around, I noticed a crowd of girls staring at me and the girl who was holding my shoulder at the time. To put it more accurately, a pack of wild monsters that have focused down on their prey, like that National Geographic documentanries. 

I need to be calm...calm...calm, how can I prevent this in a way that causes the least damage? Should I refuse directly? Or I say that I'm not ready for a relationship? Maybe the secret Joestar Technique.

''Actually— I FORGOT THE OVEN ON, I HAVE TO GO! LET'S TALK LATER OKAY? 
Whatever your name is...''

Fuutarou's POV:

Fuutarou's POV:

There were only 5 minutes left for the lesson to start, and I was burying my face in my notebook, checking my physics notes. I had my notes from last night ready, so I came to class pre-prepared, heh.

The classroom door suddenly swung open, and an old friend I used to see walked through it.

''Morning, Asuka.''

''Huh-Huh, Good morning...Ugh...''

What was interesting was that he seemed to be devoid of his usual energetic state. He's typically someone bursting with vitality, but now he just tossed his bag over the side of the wall and slammed his head on the table.

''Uuuuhhh...''

I can almost see the dark aura spreading around him...

''Wild guess, A girl problem?''