Chapter 4 - Butterfly Effect

[ One hour ago ]

Fuutarou's POV:

''My first after-school job, teaching something to kids, can't be that tough, right...''

I have to do is express out loud my lesson thoughts that I normally say to myself in my mind after all.

Since I'm not very familiar with these streets I walk, I decided to use my phone to avoid getting lost. Google Maps is truly a divine blessing from gods. I've heard that high-class people live in these parts. If I had to buy a meal from here, it would probably have stayed in my stomach for, like...two week.

''Fuutarou...?''

A voice made me lose all my focus in an instant, and I turned to where the voice came from. It was Miku calling me. The girl with headphones I met at the cafeteria at lunch.

''Miku...was it? It's interesting to see you here.''

"I live 'round here, just heading back home. What you doing here?"

''And I was going to my part time job. It turns out I had to be a tutor for some students.''

Miku fell silent for a moment, feeling like something had just occurred to her, but she then spoke.

''I understand, Do you know where you're going?'' Miku asked with her cheeks showing a hint of embarrassment.

''... Apparently somewhere called Yokukatsu Building.''

Miku's eyes widened, but then they went back to their original state. I suppose she noticed something but she didn't want to say it.

''I live there, Umm.. I-If you w-want we can g-go together?'' She said in a shy tone, kinda cute.

''Thank you so much! I'd rather have a live guide than rely on a phone app.''

Sorry Google Maps, you just got replaced by a human being.

.
.
.

After about 54.000 split-second, 900 second or simply 15 minutes of walking, Miku and I saw the building at our destination. It's a building as huge as the other ones in this lively district , though I guess there aren't any small buildings in this area.

''This is where I live. Me and my sisters.'' Miku said with a smile.

''Geez, your family's financial situation must be excellent for you to be able to afford this place.''

I approached the door and attempted to open it, but it didn't move an inch; I tried again and again, but this goddamn door was like frozen in time. ''Nngh!...''

''What's wrong with this door?!''

''Fuutarou...Automatic door...'' She said quietly and pushed a button near the door, which opened the door without a hitch. The only problem here is now my insulted heart. How can I know?! Not everyone's house is a palace!

''...'' ...

It was embarrassing, but it was the wake-up call I needed. My eyes suddenly opened, as if I was seeing heaven. It's not natural for so many coincidences to happen at once. I needed to connect the dots, now!

Let's see:

Miku, same building , kids I have to teach,  Quintuplets...

''Miku, in any chance...''

''I-I guess so, our father told us he would arrange someone from our school. But I suspected it was you too.''

''...'' I remain silent.

Just like I suspected. However, this gives me both relief and serious discomfort. Yotsuba and Miku seem like good girls but that red haired witch will be there as well, and I haven't met the other two yet. I can't give a bad impression! All my plans depend on the money from here!