Chapter 15 - Promise

Asuka's POV:

''Forget wh---!!!''

Soft.

Her strawberry-flavored lipstick adorned her lips, and her fingers curled around my collar, holding me in place. I froze there as if someone had stopped time and Itsuki closed her eyes and placed her lips on mine.

As Itsuki stepped closer, our faces remained just a few inches apart. I could feel her warm breath on my skin, sending shivers down my spine.

''Itsuki...''

''Don't talk.'' Even if I want to speak, the words don't come out of my mouth. Her face is only a few inches away from me, we stare at each other. Itsuki whispered softly to me. ''You have to face the consequences...''

''Cons-?!...'' I touched my lips with my palm. I can only imagine how red my face is. Wait a second, girls are usually supposed to be like this, right?

''You shouldn't play with girls' hearts, or you'll end up like this...'' 

Has Itsuki always been this brave?

Itsuki picked up the bag she had thrown on the couch again and gave me a smug smile. My feelings are about to go crazy right now. I'm having trouble even controlling my breathing. Does that mean we're a couple now? That would be too fast, no. Wait a minute, when did I start to like Itsuki? Do I love Itsuki...? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Her sisters shouldn't know about this, hell no. If this reaches to them, my time in this home will come to an end. Furthermore, their father is unlikely to let me to see any of them again. 

My brain regained its ability to think after a while. I looked directly at Itsuki, who was in front of the door watching me with a stupid grin on her face. No matter how self-confident she tries to look, there is a huge blush on her face. 

''You look like a tomato Asuka.''

''Don't mock! Do you see your own face?'' Itsuki touched her cheeks with her right palm, then chuckled lightly;

''Come on, we're gonna be late. I'm going first.''

Itsuki rushed out the door and left me alone in the living room, feeling completely defeated

Itsuki rushed out the door and left me alone in the living room, feeling completely defeated. I was at a loss on how to react, so I simply sat back down on the couch and tried to relax and process what had just happened. My mind was still trying to make sense of the event that just happened.

''I'm already late.'' The clock on the wall shows me that class has already started. I don't care, lessons can go fuck themselves. 

''So that's what it feels like...''

My thoughts became stuck in that moment, like a goddamn broken record. The taste of her lipstick, the scent of her hair, and everything else about her are etched in my mind like a painting. I have no clue what will happen... We have to stay the night at Nakano's place today as well. Tonight will be either a miracle or a tragedy. Doesn't that mean she likes me? What am I going to do...

I doubt that I'll be able to go school if I continue to think about these things right now. I need to get ready.

I touched my lips once again but this time my mind could only smile;

''What's wrong with this woman, ahahaha!~''