Chapter 5 - Stars Collide

Asuka's POV:

''And that's how she locked herself.'' 

''I see. You called me to hide your social disaster, ugh.''

The aftereffects of the previous events with Nino were starting to fade slightly. Of course, I don't think she's was about to stab Fuutarou then or anytime, but it's a relief that I intervened.

''I guess if she's not listening to any of you, I'll talk to her.'' I sighed after pulling my hair back a little. Itsuki doesn't hate me at all, so at least I think so.

''Fuutarou apologize to Nino-chan thoroughly. And also don't cause any more trouble. You girls, Fuutarou got into so much trouble to help you all.'' 

''I won't accept his apology, as I said before, we don't need someone like him in our house!'' Nino said while she was sending death glares to Fuutarou.

''I thought it might be like this. Come on, you and I know very well that it was an accident Nino. I'm hired for this job and you know that I have no intention of giving up before I can even do a proper lesson.'' Fuutarou followed up with a sigh.

''Come on girls! We need to show him our strength!''  Yotsuba advised her sisters to cheer up.

''Ara ara, I guess we have nothing to lose.''

''Tch, fine.''

.
.
.

I left the table conversations behind and went upstairs. I mean seriously, I thought today would be boring, like maybe playing some video games or shopping. The stars had different plans after all.

Judging from what Miku said, her room should be the last.

"If I just call out from the door, she won't even listen. I have to go inside. Please, let her not be doing anything embarrassing in there." I mumbled.

W-wait... This is the first time I've entered a girl's room except Raiha-chan's. God, please have mercy.

I gently open the door.

*Creak*

''...Pointless...''

I wasn't quite sure what to expect to see inside, but this...wasn't one of them. 

Itsuki was sitting at the table inside. From the room's point of view from where I could see her— She's crying. 

''Itsuki...-chan?''

''W-what?! What are you doing here? S-shoji-kun?!''

''I've been called for help, but what about you? Did something happen?...''

My eyes saw what was on the table at that moment. Lots of test papers and notes, each carefully marked with different colored felt-tip pens. Tests full of wrong answers.

''N-nothing...'' She said shyly and tried to cover the notes on her desk with her hands.

'' Tenka Wakeme [ Realm Divide ] ''

''What...?''

''The answer for the seventh question. The one you scribbled on it. The other name of Battle of Sekigahara. It's called Tenka Wakeme no Tatakai  [ War of Realm Divide ].