Chapter 28 - The Melancholy of Nakano Nino

Nino's POV:

''Asuka, please give me something with alcohol in it... God, why did I even saw her?''

''Let's calm down first. I can get into trouble if I give you alcohol since you're underage.''

I've been thinking about it for a while, this feeling that bothers my heart. I'm supposed to be angry, but I can't. I've been thinking all day, but I don't even remember what I was thinking anymore.

Everyone I sit next to looks at me with astonishment as if my talking is something out of the ordinary. Yotsuba, Itsuki, Miku and even that annoying Uesugi.

''Nino...Do you want to explain what happened? We all listen to you...'' Yotsuba left her empty glass on the counter and cast a sympathetic glance with her pitying eyes.

Do I really look that terrible?

''...'' I take the compact mirror out of my jacket that I use to fix my makeup. The wetness on my face becomes more and more irritating as the seconds pass, what is it? Am I...crying?

''Nino!'' Itsuki immediately gets up and hugs me, not the first time she hugs me with her soft arms

''Nino!'' Itsuki immediately gets up and hugs me, not the first time she hugs me with her soft arms... but this time it feels like I really need it. She's used my perfume, I can smell it. ''I'm here, I'm here...''

I put my arms around her and pressed my head to her chest. It's warm.

''...'' Another pair of arms hugs me from behind in silence...When I turn my head, I see Miku hugging me without saying anything.

''Uesugi-san, what do we do now? Nino has never been like this before.''

''I don't know Yotsuba. Let Nino decide that. If she wants to go back to her room, we can all accompany her.''

"Nah, I don't wanna cut the night short 'cause of me. Thanks for considering it though...Uesugi."

''U-Uesugi?!...This is the first time you've called me by my name in weeks.''

I don't have the energy to mess with you. Also, I owe you a thank you, Miku and you took care of me while I was shutting myself down.

Itsuki's embrace is getting tighter and tighter, I should find it disturbing but now I'm praying for it to last a little longer. ''No one will force you to tell Nino, but please, we're your sisters. You can tell us everything, anything.''

Asuka remains silent as everyone else tries to console me. With Itsuki and Miku blocking my view, I can't tell what he's doing or if he even cares about my problems. It's kinda disappointing because I always thought he was the one who would try to comfort me the most, that's just who he is.

I can't come back from here anymore. I have to tell everyone what happened, it's not something I can hide anymore. I got too much attention.

Itsuki and Miku stop hugging me and go back to their seats. I'm so grateful to them for this move, they made me feel a little bit better, but I still owe them an explanation. I owe everyone here, after all, I almost ruined their night, or mayde I did?